Thread: Invalid FM license on Checkpoint NG FP2

Invalid FM license on Checkpoint NG FP2

Hiyee...
    Peeps..I need your help on this, I have currently installed CP with FP 2 on my network and the only problem I have is when installing the policies, it will come out with the error Invalid FM license. According to the Checkpoint forum, they said it could be resolved by rebooting the server. have done that but still it won't work. I have even tried uninstalling the FW and re-installing it. But it can't even install a simple cleanup rule(Or even the default rule) Any of you guys encountered this problem before?

Please help..Thanks

My best guess would be that you either have an invalid or expired license. The FW daemon will not start if there is no license, and therefore you would not be able to push the policy. Where did you get the license from? Also, try running cpconfig to view the installed licenses and make sure there is a valid license for the firewall module.

or you could have put the wrong license on the system (small possibility) and another unit which is visible to this one can "see" it etc.
    Likely iNViCTuS response is closer to your issue.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

yeah ppl. thanks for the advice. I have gotten the solution to the problem. It seems that the FW module has different licenses. It seems that the license generated is not compatible with my FW module. From the error log. It seems that I need a license to run the FW on a server with 2 processors. I didn't know that the engine module has a difference in the number of processors for the licenses.

Thanks again invictus.