Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can anyone who can read arabic help translate this for me ?

I think it says- "English speaking people who try to interpret arabic have no chance at all as there are too many dialects."

Or it may say_ "Osama Bin laden is a scapegoat fingered out by the authorities to distill the fear a faceless enemy creates."

Well it doesn't say anything like that as I got the exact translation. It is actually an excerpt from the Holy Quran’s 24th chapter called 'The Light'. It is an instruction to the people to obey God and worship Him alone. If they would, then they will succeed. The exact translation goes like this:

55. Allah has promised, to those among you who believe and work righteous deeds, that He will, of a surety, grant them in the land, inheritance (of power), as He granted it to those before them; that He will establish in authority their religion - the one which He has chosen for them; and that He will change (their state), after the fear in which they (lived), to one of security and peace: 'They will worship Me (alone) and not associate aught with Me. 'If any do reject Faith after this, they are rebellious and wicked.
    56. So establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity; and obey the Messenger. that ye may receive mercy.
    57. Never think thou that the Unbelievers are going to frustrate ((Allah)'s Plan) on earth: their abode is the Fire,- and it is indeed an evil refuge!

Or you can put it like this:

55 Allah hath promised such of you as believe and do good works that He will surely make them to succeed (the present rulers) in the earth even as He caused those who were before them to succeed others); and that He will surely establish for them their religion which He hath approved for them, a will give them in exchange safety after their fear. They serve Me. They ascribe no thing as partner unto Me. Those who disbelieve henceforth, they are the miscreants.
    56 Establish worship and pay the poor due and obey the messenger, that haply ye may find mercy.
    57 Think not that the disbelievers can, escape in the land. Fire will be their home, a hapless journey's end!

Well you can’t convert the image to text as it is images are stored in a different format. If you have the Arabic fonts and know how to key in the text then I think you can get it to translate.

I hope that this solves the puzzle.

And if you can speak any dialect of Arabic, you will be able to understand any other dialect.

And if you can speak any dialect of Arabic, you will be able to understand any other dialect.
    With great power comes great responsibility.

Thank you VERY much hollow_man .. I owe you one..

thanks also to GG and the others here...

I was joking. It seems you need your humour spoon fed....My God these forums have gone downhill........

Here is a flawed translation from http://islamicity.com/mosque/QURAN/24.htm:

54. Say: "Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger. but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance. The Messenger.s duty is only to preach the clear (Message).

55. Allah has promised, to those among you who believe and work righteous deeds, that He will, of a surety, grant them in the land, inheritance (of power), as He granted it to those before them; that He will establish in authority their religion - the one which He has chosen for them; and that He will change (their state), after the fear in which they (lived), to one of security and peace: 'They will worship Me (alone) and not associate aught with Me. 'If any do reject Faith after this, they are rebellious and wicked.

56. So establish regular Prayer and give regular Charity; and obey the Messenger. that ye may receive mercy.

57. Never think thou that the Unbelievers are going to frustrate ((Allah)'s Plan) on earth: their abode is the Fire,- and it is indeed an evil refuge!

Hey Conf1rm3d_K1ll, I know u were kiddin, u don't have to get serious. Well for those of u who r wondering how i found out, i did a little research on the net. Thats it.
    You can't use a translator for the text in image format. You'll have to re-type in the whole thing in Arabic font for the translator.
    By the way I didn't use the translator.
    With great power comes great responsibility.

GreekGoddess
    I am able to read Arabic, I was actually curious to the full meaning of it, as my knowledge of the language is rusty due to not using it much and my knowledge not being very extensive. My translation was about all I could get out of it, and it was my assumption that it came from the Quran, due to the way it was written, there was a lot of formality to the text. *LOL* It's good to know at least I didn't translate something completely off, I tried to find the similar text in my copy of the Quran, but to no avail. Thanks for posting the full translation.

Note: There are 3 types of Arabic, the reason I was able to tell the origin of the text without fully being able to translate it is because of the type of Arabic which is Classical that the Quran is written in. Modern Arabic differs with dialect, and although there are several translations of the Arabic of the Quran, it's all very much similar because of it's Classical/very formal properties. Dialects within Arabic speaking populations vary just as much as English dialects, sometimes it's hard to understand a dialect of your own language, but they're speaking the same thing. Modern Arabic and spoken Arabic are also different. Modern Arabic is more of a universal than the Spoken (which accounts for these dialects).

no er0k and info_AU, you are both wrong.
    Arabic is an international language for Arabs and Muslims, so its dosen't matter whether it was written in Iran, lebanon, or any other country in the world.
    Arabic is a genaral language , and can all be read by any arabs, it dosen;t matter the country you are from.

it's me V-I-R-U-S