Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiPoints Assignment

AntiPoints Assignment

Under the AntiPoints FAQ it explains how to view points assigned to a users post. I followed the instructions but all that was displayed was the overall rating, even though there were 2 different AntiPoints assignments on the post. Is there a time-limit on viewing the individual assignments and if so, what is it? Is there something else I could possibly be missing - which is why I am not able to view the individual assignments? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    . . . vvirtho
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

You can't view individual antipoints(assgnments), all you get to see is the overall stuff. There is no time limit to anything in AO.
    \"keep your friends close, your enemys closer, and your administrator closest.\"

Did the assignments have comments? Because I think they won't be displayed if they haven't got one.

(You were referring to this: http://www.antionline.com/misc.php?s...=faq&page=4#32 , right?)
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

TechieChick
    You can only view the points you assign and you can do so my clicking on the third link down on the left under member functions, called AntiPoint Center. You'll see this on the front page only.

TechieChick, you can only view the points YOU assign AND the points that were assigned TO you.
    Check the link I posted in my previous message, I think vvirtho was referring to way #1?

(BTW who the hell gave her negs again, isn't this just the right forum where those kind of questions can and should be asked? Did I miss something?)
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

=Retard

I gave him negs because I hate antipoint threads. I am sorry but for a month or so, there was at least 10 active antipoints threads at once. With like a million posts. And to be honest it irritated me. Now I use Antipoint threads to balance my AO points. Unlike most of you guys that went into old posts and layed off all your negs on them. I seem to remember a thread talking about that. I took it to heart and thought I could be a bit less tolerant. I apologize, its nothing personal, I just hate antipoint threads.

*Ducks and Covers...
    I guess, I should have ACTUALLY read the post, now that I have it really was a valid post. Sorry guys.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

ZeroOne -
    That be the one! Not to upset anyone or step on anyone's toes but:

"How Can I See What AntiPoints I've Gotten / Have Given?
    There are two main ways to see your performance in the AntiPoints System:

1. At the top of each post that you make, will be a link that says "Assign Positive or Negative AntiPoints To This Post". When other users click that link, they will have the option to either "approve" of (assign positive antipoints) or "disapprove" of (assign negative antipoints) your post. When you click that link, you will be presented with a list of all AntiPoints that have been assigned to your post, along with comments made by other users about it. The system will also calculate an over all rating of your post, based on AntiPoints that were assigned to it."
    The FAQ says that I can click on the same link and be presented with a list of the AntiPoints given for my post, along with comments and an overall rating. Unless I'm not understanding - it is as I originally stated . . . only problem is that all I get is the overall rating. I DO know that 2 different members rated my post - I did not check the link in a timely manner, hence my question as to time limit.
    So unless someone has some information on what it is I'm doing wrong, not doing or . . . maybe this is a site bug I'm experiencing. Any ideas? Thanks.
    . . . . V
    (BTW - ZeroOne just for your info it's she, not he.)
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

TechieChick
    Originally posted here by ZeroOne
    TechieChick, you can only view the points YOU assign AND the points that were assigned TO you.
    Check the link I posted in my previous message, I think vvirtho was referring to way #1?

(BTW who the hell gave him negs again, isn't this just the right forum where those kind of questions can and should be asked? Did I miss something?)
    Yeah...so stomp me for an oversite. That'll teach me to respond in a hurry.

She may have read the FAQ's she just didn't comprehend them...we've all been there at one point or another I suppose.

TechieChick -
    No offense but what is it I'm not comprehending? The FAQ says I should be able to view all points assigned TO me, as well as BY me - I wasn't able to . . . that was and is my whole point. I just want to know if anyone knows what I am doing wrong.

Would someone else please try to view the AntiPoints assigned TO them on a post and see if it works or if they just get the 'Overall Rating". Much appreciated and thanks.

V.

I checked mine and it does only ever give me an overall points rating in numbers, but I usually get the comments made and an indication of whether the comments are positive, negative or neutral. I'm not sure if you mean you aren't getting that. But today I've checked one of my posts for you and it says 'post is extremely positive' then only lists a neutral flame comment. Something's not right there! But it has worked for me previously soo...I dunno! Sorry! But at least it's not just yours being silly

XXX
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem