Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with proxyservers

Problems with proxyservers

Hi there.. i got a problem with being anonymous online cause whenever i install a proxy on my windows machine my internet gets stuck and wont show any sites or connect to any IM's anymore.. anyone knows how i can surf anonymous? or anyone had same problems and knows how to fix it..??

Thnx
    ThaVolt

how would installing a proxy on your machine make you anonymous?
    -droby10

with the use of an anonymous proxy..!?
    The Fear Of Dead Keeps Us From Living, Not From Dying..

Banned

Lightbulb

The point of an anonymous proxy server is that you connect to it, and it gets webpages for you. Your ip is only communicated to the proxy, and the proxy's ip is what's recoreded viewing the pages. If you got a proxy working on your pc, you'd be going from your pc, to your pc, to the website, so your ip's the one recorded still.

If you got a proxy working on your pc, you'd be going from your pc, to your pc, to the website, so your ip's the one recorded still

Actually with a proxy it would be from his/her computer to proxy then from proxy to webserver and when the server responds back it goes to proxy and then proxy sends to your ip so when you use a proxy and visit webpages the ip recorded by webserver will be the proxies

Anyways to answer your question sounds like you are using an outdated proxie
    Try using other proxies check out http://www.stayinvisible.com/page1.html in my opinion this is the best list of updated proxies (10 pages). You can also test the proxy you were using in the first place here using the check your proxy option to the left of your screen as well as do a whois on it.

Hope this helps

Oh yea i just read your post again and when you say installed proxy do you mean a actual program or just configuring your computer to use a proxy. For the instructions I gave is for if you are just configuring your computer to use proxies and just to clarify to do this on a dial up you go to internet options select the connectoid and then select settings, put a check next to use a proxy server and fill out IP and Port. If you have cable or dsl do the same exept select LAN Settings and then fill out proxy info
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Banned

Question WTF?

Did you miss the rest of my post and the thread? You've re-explained what a normal proxy would be like, but you quoted my bit about setting one up on your own pc, and thus the proxy would be you and use your ip.

You can configure your pc to use a proxy for the internet connection, but you don't want to install one.

I didnt realize you were talking about setting up a proxy server for people to use. I believe what he is talking about is just using a proxy server when he said install i believe he ment configure [unless using some crap proxy software that does everything for you] So that is why i was a bit confused with your post. I get what you were saying now.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Banned

Talking It's ThaVolt's fault

Either he said 'install' and ment 'configure' (bad mistake from not reading about), or he doesn't know you don't want to install a proxy on your machine for others to use (still doesn't seem that he reads much).

If he'd managed to configure a proxy but not set his internet programs to use it, he needs to..READ

uhh you mean use put a proxy into IE....the problem most likely is that the proxy you are trying to use is down.

Is proud the only one who reads before he posts?

ThaVolt said "whenever i install a proxy on my windows machine". is that so hard to understand. i mean its not cryptic.

ThaVolt, the purpose of a proxy is to show the sites you visit an ip address other than your own, so you use a public proxy, one thats set up on a server somewhere for you to do just that. Putting it on your own machine kida defeats the purpose.

Do a google search for "public Proxy Servers" After you find one:
    Go to tools>>Internet Options and click on the connection your using. go to settings. Check the box that says Proxy and enter the IP address and port number of the server your going to use.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”