Smoke and Canadian fires
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoke and Canadian fires

Smoke and Canadian fires

i live in NE USA and right now there is a thick smoke over all of the areas near me. According to the news it is because of forest fires in Canada. just wondering who else was experiencing this wonderful phenomenon
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

Smoke from fires can travel half way across the continent depending on witch way the wind is blowing.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

I'm in Quebec, (Montreal area), and the sky is completly covered. You'd think it's just normal clouds but it really is smoke from the fires up north. (There are 10 of em right now, and I think something like 7 are out of control! Water bombers (CL-215/415 can't even fly over because the fire is to strong!). Everything is yellowish outside today because the smoke filters sun rays diffrently than normal clouds (the sun looks like a bright red spot through the smoke...)

Anyways, it is pretty weird!

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

If you are in the US some of that smoke could also be from the 8 states that currently have forest fires right now as well as Canada. Its kindof scary that there are wildfires all over the place
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Sounds weird, kind of like an eclipse I suppose?
    8-)
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

That's really sad, why are there fires? Is it because of the heat? It sounds really magical though, like when I get up in the mornings in Autumn and there's mist rising from the lake near me, looks spooky but brilliant! I want smoky clouds!!

XXX
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem

When you burn down half a time zone theres bound to be smoke.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

I live in New England as well. I woke up this morning and the sky was orange because of the smoke. Yesterday the smoke put my towns fire department into a frenzy of confusion because they thought there was a fire in the town, until they got word that the smoke was from Canada.

Re: Smoke and Canadian fires

Originally posted here by lord_darkside_x
    Just wondering who else was experiencing this wonderful phenomenon

Wonderful Phenomenon?

Living in an area that is constantly under threat of fire I can assure you that it's no "wonderful phenomenon".....

i meant the fact that there was almost no sun when i woke up... at first i thought i might be in alaska .
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda