Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP Second Edition

Windows XP Second Edition

Hello

I am bit curious about something which I saw on the front page of our Windows XP magzine in England, and it said something about windows Xp second edition. It then said something about IE7 being shipped with it and Direct X9. I don't think it meant the service pack which is out soon, But a search on yahoo just gave me a load of bad links.
    Does anybody know if there is any truth to this, or is it just a rumour?
    Thanks for your help

It's not a rumor I think. I have not links but french magazines have spocken of it for 3 months.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Lol, it'll have the most up to date version of their EULA so they can rip you off as soon as you install your OS. You'll be better off with *nix and wine or *nix and vmware or with a mac and virutal pc.

str34m3r
    Is this the same khakisrule that was vehemently defending Microsoft in another thread just a few days ago?

XP second edition? make me sick!

illv//
    illv // seen the digital world from monochrome dial up to what it is today.

Banned
    Yes it is True WindowsXP S.E. all the information is at www.lycoris.org. Actually that was a version of linux that looks like Windows XP. I heard of an XP expansion pack (Not XP PLUS), but an actual expansion CD... Supposed to have source code changes etc... I don't know... It could be just rumor.

Second edition just means m$ adds some stuff that should of been in the original.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

hey streamer, I gave up defending MS when my windows crashed without reason 2 days ago. I didn't even install anything new, nothing at all, then I rebooted and scandisk came up with about 2000 errors, I got tired of pushing enter so I had to reinstall, and why? Well, for no reason so far as I know. I am damn pissed, I lost so damn much, I have to reinstall and get my favourites back. I lost a lot in that crash, now I just hate MS.

Lol, same thing happened to me. Now I use rh and vmware for windows. Windows is truly gay sometimes, somebody needs to beat up bill gates and then force him and his army of nerds to write some stable software.

HEY! Why am I getting sworn and neg'd for finally giving up on MS? When I stuck up for them people hated me for it, like, really hated me for it, hell, I'm the reason the thread went suicidal. Now, when I finally give up on them, people still hate me. Whats up with you guys?