Thread: Delete threads??

Delete threads??

Is it possible to delete my own threads?

yea for example look at your original post to this. Click on edit and then you will see delete option
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Yep, you just go to that thread, click 'Edit' in the bar above it, then when you click on that you get a list of options, one of which is 'tick this box to delete' or something to that effect. It has a time limit on it though, not sure how quick you gotta be...

XXX

Damn Euclid beat me while I was chatting, grrr...
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem

Thanks! But it would be much easier if it were special button "Delete Thread" like "post reply".

It'd be easier to see but I guess it'd also be easier to press by accident, whereas a specially designated Box makes it much more momentous...

XXX
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem

Yes you can use the EDIT button to select the delete feature. However, you receive this message on old posts: "The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 1440 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message."

If you feel there should be a better way to delete a thread, and have a suggestion on how to do it. You can always post a thread in the site suggestions.

Banned
    If you want to delete your thread, and the 24 hour-period is over, you can use the 'Report'-button. It'll send a mail to all admins/mods. If it's in Cosmos, General Chit Chat or Tutorials, you can just PM and ask for it.

Don't trust negative, he's crazy. He'll just bump your thread up. Well, like was said before, you can only edit for 1440 minutes or one day. After that you have to ask, I never understood that. After all, if the limit was taken off, it would be easier to clear up old useless threads.