Thread: Number of pages

Number of pages

It's only a little suggestion.
    I'm all the time going to the front page (the "home") in order to view the new threads. And when I post something in a thread of 3 or 4 pages (for example), I go in the thread after that I viewed there are new posts. And I have to re-load the first page of the thread before going to the last page. With a 56k and an ocean to skip it's not very fast.

There is links in specifical forums to go to the first, second... pages, and I think it could be a good idea if this feature were on the front page of the site.

Sorry for the syntax, I'm tired and my english doesn't like this statement.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

kisscool, your syntax is fine, don't worry about it! I agree with this suggestion as well, and I'm on broadband so it's really not much of a loading time problem but just for convenience and user-friendliness [although this site is incredibly coherent anyway]. I've seen it done on other sites and found it really beneficial, and I keep finding myself looking for that option on here! So yay, that'd be cool!

XXX
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem

When a thread got really big though it would be a hassle to pick oe number out of all the small ones showing all the pages on the thread. Sorry, but I don't like the idea.

But the threads don't seem to get bigger than max 8 pages...and what if you knew what you wanted was on page 5 but didn't want to scroll through each page? It'd just be more efficient wouldn't it? khakisrule:
    'all the small' whats? small numbers? Maybe...but like, you can read the text easy enough with the headers and posters, soo...I reckon numbers would be good! Really!

XXX
    The Owls Are Not What They Seem

GreekGoddess
    You could always click on Last Post and it will take you to the last page of the thread from the front page.

GreekGoddess: Woh, I never even thought of that... awesome, thanks for informing us you could do that.

The Iceman Cometh
    Would this work, though? I personally have it set up to display 30 posts per page, while the default (I believe is 10), so there are far less pages for me to view on a long post. JP'd have to make the number of pages dynamic, according to each user's settings, and I don't know how easy that is to do.

AJ

GreekGoddess
    I have my post per page set higher for all those longer threads and not wanting new pages to load all the time. (I'm using AOL, so the less loading, the better) also, if you're worried about loading times, you could always use your site options to automatically minimize read posts, so that their signatures, avatars...etc don't load.

Hope this helps.