Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help

Help

Hi, can anyone tell me how to add programs in the system tray, some programs when installed automatically go to the system tray but some don't and i want to know how i could put those programs on the system tray. Please Help Thanks!

Re: Help

Originally posted here by IceyJ32uk
    Hi, can anyone tell me how to add programs in the system tray, some programs when installed automatically go to the system tray but some don't and i want to know how i could put those programs on the system tray. Please Help Thanks!
    If you're talking Windows, I think you can just drag the icons onto the system tray, and they'll stay.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Senior since the 3 dot era
    hmmm preacherman481 is that the system tray? Perhaps I'm confused, but IMHO the system tray is (on default in Windows) the group of icons on the lower right corner (next to the time indication). I don't know how the thing preacherman481 is talking about calls but sure is that you can drag icons to the one next to your start button (I call it quick start menu or the same as panel in Linux) but you cannot (off course not) drag icons to the system tray (next to the time). Those are the progs that are loaded on startup. Most programs offer a choice to add their icon to the tray yes or no. Most also offer the choice to load or not load on startup. You need to look closer at your prog's settings.

there are various programs that will do it for you!!! VK why aint you on IRC ?

Ha... cause I'm trying to stop my addiction...

Posting is your real addiction!!! I think i have caught it :P

Hrrrmm,
    I guess it's been awhile since I've used Windows. Sorry.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

lol, I only knew the difference cause in (RH) linux the group of icons you mentioned are the panel.

why would you want to add a program to Systray, that only comsumes memory when your not using it, unless your talking about the quicklaunch area on the taskbar, like preacherman481 was referring to.

-------------------------------------
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000127.htm#04

Can I add a icon to my systray or Taskbar?

If you have Windows 95 or Windows NT the answer is no. If you have Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000 or Widows ME you can add an icon to your quick launch portion of your Taskbar. To add the quick launch portion to your taskbar right click on the time in your Systray and select Toolbars and verify that the quick launch option is checked.

Once this has been checked you will have a new section generally to the right of the Start button which has small icons much like what is in the Systray. You can either drag shortcuts from your desktop or other areas of your computer to this area to create an icon on your Taskbar. Or your can cut and past icons into this section of your Taskbar.
    -----------------------------------------------

it would be easy enough to write a program that ran in the systray and started the program of your choice, but i don't inderstand why you would want to do this.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Ok,
    Thanks Tedob1. It's the taskbar. I knew that when I was using XP I dragged some shortcuts
    onto something at the bottom of the screen.