View Poll Results: just wondering ...you like it ?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

3 30.00%
  • no

2 20.00%
  • cool

3 30.00%
  • sucks

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AP reasons

AP reasons

Recently I have been getting negs from somebody I believe hates me, 'cause I keep getting sworn at. Now this isn't very good, I was thinking maybe there could be a character minimum on reasons, for ex: One person gave me "." as the reason. Now that jus' makes no sense. And there are ways to post no reason at all which I don't want to say here because I don't want people to do that. So does anybody else think that there should be a character minimum on reasons for APs?

better suggest a diversity minimum as well to prevent:
    '........................................................................'

and a dictionary/grammatical check to prevent:
    'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz '

etc, etc, etc.

and in the end you could still end up with something like.

'You tree vortex snip holster. Bump zebra empathetic furniture.'
    -droby10

True but I think a dictionary would be a bit much, and might slow down the server. I think the best we can hope for is something to make sure that there are vowels.

Banned
    howabout a box....and you click on the reason....like:
    Pointless Post
    Offensive Material(sp?)
    RTFM
    Excellent Work/Job
    Good Comment
    ----------------------
    Just a suggestion

Thats a good idea but people would still be able to swear. I jus' wanna cut back on the swearing, maybe a filter doesn't block swears (Cause some people need to be sworn at ) but makes sure that if you swear you include at least 5 other words.

GreekGoddess
    People have gotten past the no text block by typing in one single character, and the server will take it. I like to see valid reasons to why people don't like my posts. I like honesty too, but I don't like the swearing. A filter for that would be nice. I like the idea of a check box or something, it's better than getting an ambiguous reason or no reason at all.

I get pointless antipoints all the time. I got a couple reasons for making a joke and people think now that I'm a guy. No worries, but I didn't find it negworthy. If you think I'm a guy, that's great, but hell, it didn't deserve negatives. There's been quite a few antipoint posts lately, read my responses on those. I get a kick out of antipoints, personally...I think some of them are cute, like the guy one, but at the same time, you don't have to be mean. I've gotten called a bitch, which was completely uncalled for, and for no reason whatsoever. I look at it the way my American History teacher once told me, using profanity in any discussion only shows ignorance, and I don't take it to heart, but it's not needed here. I may be a bitch in real life, but I don't see its relevance here. A character minimum would be great. The dictionary idea is great, but I don't want to impose too much on JP...too much work for him, etc. (I'm not really sure how much work that would be, I'm not familiar with how you do these sort of things...that's JP's guru expertise).

The antipoint system is more effective if people KNOW what they are doing wrong. If a person just gets a "." I'm supposing it's just to be assumed that the receiver knows what they have posted was wrong? I received negatives for 'supporting antipoint whining'...so now I know not to show too much sympathy in threads such as those, very useful for future threads, in which I can post to now, suggest ideas, but not be too sympathetic sounding.

The ideas sound really good, I'd like to know what JP thinks about it.

The Iceman Cometh
    I agree that the whole AP system is getting out of hand. I just noticed today that I received negative points (with no support information why) for stating that I had a similar search problem as Terr while doing a forum search. My suggestion to bypass this entire issue would just be to abolish the "balance your AP" feature. I never really saw the point in the first place... and now I think it's getting way out of hand.

AJ

Glad to see others have experienced my frustration. And GG antipoint whining rulz. If you guys have anymore idea plz post them so that maybe somebody will take notice and implement this.

Sad to see that i was banned earlier because i only started exactly the same Antipoint discussion.
    It\'s better without a signature until you have a digital one.

I doubt it was exactly like this. If it was tell me where you posted it because I want to see it plz.

BTW I doubt it because banning takes -300 points and I think that the most a person can give out is around 40 antipoints and I doubt that many experienced users ganged up on you.