Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Member Spotlight.

Question Member Spotlight.

I see on the right hand side of there is one of the cells below the w2uick tips one, with the heading "Member Spotlight" However this never has anything in it. What is it for? Anyone know?

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Redgore I noticed the cell too, perhaps it's to put a member in the spotlights monthly or something? I have no idea. JP is probably working on it. Terr? Negative? perhaps they know.

Banned
    negative said it was for birthdays when a user has a bday they go in their...?
    but its negative and its me so he was probly lyeing to me again
    rioter

Senior since the 3 dot era
    For birthdays? lol

Im gonna test this!!! Watch my BDay change!!!

Added about 4 mins after changing Bday

Well nothing has appeared!! JP WTF is it ??

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Birthdate:
    If you select your birthday then other forum members will be able to see your birthday on the forum calendar and in your profile. Adding your year of birth is also optional
    That is from the "Updated profile" page. It probably checks the birthday at the start of the day, so it didn't show anything for redgore. Unless of course there is a bug in it someplace.....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

GreekGoddess
    Yeah, but the Member Spotlight is a completely different section from the Calendar where the birthdays will be posted. I think it's to highlight a contributing member, give a little additional information other than what the basic profile provides...something like that. Whatever it is, I'm freaking curious so someone TELL ME WHAT IT IS!!!

Edit: I clicked on Security Events and it does list all the birthdays, so without exactly knowing what the member spotlight is, if it had to do with birthdays at all, there are a few birthdays today that would have shown in the spotlight according to the calendar. I think I'll go with my previous assumption.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I bet he put it there to make us all discuss what it was there for... JP does have a sick mind sometimes, and I think he wants up to all go crazy trying to decide why the section is there. Then again, maybe my post should be in the cosoms section, because it is a conspiracy.....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

hehe. so JP read this fing thread and tell us !!! We are all wanting to know!

It's probably there just to get us to think about what it is.....lol
    I wont see mine, my b-day is x-mas

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.