Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this site the good guys or bad guys?

Is this site the good guys or bad guys?

Im only interested in messing around with a friends server. But i want to know if this site is for people against hacking or for hacking. Or what? And in reading i got into some interesting security topics ill cover eventually but for now id like a simple way to bring down someones server...

am i in the right place

This is a site against hacking. Security pros working to maintain security. If you are looking for a way to bring down a server, this is definitely NOT the right place.

Regards, hope this helps.

<edit>
    check out the FAQ, all the answers you are looking for will start there.
    </edit>
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Your definitely in the wrong place. If you had read the FAQ's, you could have saved yourself this post.
    DjM

hmmmmm do u r eyes work? hackers know the weakness in your system shouldnt you ring a bell ? this is seriously a security site why would u want 2 take a server off line r u trying 2 look 31337 <rant>me`s thinks this will go suicidal</rant>
    <sarcasim>i named the suicidal dood swinging jimmy been seeing him a lot lately why not name him</sarcasim>
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Antihacking or hacking...

ok, thanks. i just wanted to know. And i guess it matters to me what you think, being the founder of this site and all. I have a webserver hosting some sites which have been hacked before. Thats also why im interested in those security issues i mentioned earlier. I just wanted to let you know that its not my interest to go around hacking servers. Its just a prank on a friend who hosts a small little server for personal use. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up...ill be posting my security questions then...

thanks
    mars

I repeat my recommendation to read the FAQ's page (and some of the other 'newbie' info.). Questions like the one you just asked will not be tolerated for long.

Cheers:
    DjM

Erm - I certainly think of myself as one of the good guys. By and large it's the same information, just a question of what you do with it.
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

I this is a friend then why take his little server off-line? A friend would not play such a joke! Oh you host a few sites you attempting to understand what your sys admin is telling you? Want to proved someone wrong then at least learn to read the FAQ. In short is no site for the ABC's of hacking any site. Want to test your own site security fine go ask the person you hired to watch out for the boxes ot the hosted site
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

wow...you guys are uptight..

i dont mean to be rude, but you guys need to get out more...it was just an innocent question. i was surfing one day and i found the site and i thought there might be a fast way to play a trick on a friend. i looked into it for a few minutes i had free and decided to ask instead. i had no idea i would get this kind of response. i guess hacking is a huge deal to programmers, but the other 4 billion people in the world its not a top priority, let me assure you. therefore playing a trick on a friend is simply 'playing a trick'.

anyway, i dont want to start a fight or anything, i just want you guys to know it was an insignificant question. nothing to get worked up about and say things like im blind for not seeing the title, or im incapable of reading the faqs or i should feel bad for playing such a trick on someone...

anyway, i hope you guys can find it in your hearts to forgive my ludicrous inquiry,

thanks again,
    mars

mars123456: On this website, hacking is a VERY BIG deal. It may not be to you, but you are at a website where most of the people here are sys admins, or aspire to be. People who "play jokes" like the one you are talking about are their worst nightmares. What you are talking about doing is something that can cause very serious problems for some people. On the other hand, if you have security knowledge, or would like to gain some, you post is fairly well thought out, worded well, spelled correctly, and you seem like a fairly intelligent person. Why don't you give up the ghost on hacking a server, and settle in for what can be an enjoyable learning experience?

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.