Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me with website please...

Help me with website please...

I have the jist of what I want on my hopefully-soon-to-be site, but I'm really not one to do design and implementation of creative-looking things. Could any of you help me out and design a basic site? My site will almost totally consist of tutorial and .txt downloads, and I'm really happy cuz I've just found a provider that will allow me myname.theirname.com and I have unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth. So, yeh, can someone help me? I could do something for you if need be, including send in some money to you or something, although I don't have a _ton_ of that to spend. Thanks.

Do you have any content made yet, or a URL so we can see? I have some experience with web design, and I will try to help you the best I can.

Well there are a lot of subdomain providers. And you need to be careful because many of them state that they can at any time remove your site and all its content without your permission. As for your design there is so much great software out there, there is Namo which is pretty nice, dreamweaver is a really cool proggie to design a site and there are demos of both these products. For free ones I suggest you go to http://www.download.com and check out their web section. They have tons of tools, html, java and other ones. Have a fun cruising their shareware library.

alittlebitnumb: I have reviews of different tutorials written already, but no site yet. I want it to be appealing to the viewer, as well as something new and/or useful. Most tute sites I've seen don't have good descriptions of their tutorials up, so I have written some myself, I'm just wanting something to "fill in the blank" on... like a layout, but a man-made one instead of one mass-produced by a company.

khakisrule: Yeh, I have some WYSIWYG progs right now, but like I said I'm just not Mr. Originality when it comes to designing things. I could do it with a text editor when it comes to knowing _how_ to do it, I just can't come up with ideas on what to do exactly which is why I ask here. Thanks.

Look up macromedia's suite of design tools. When combined you can create some truly awesome looking pages. I like dreamweaver mx a lot. Its nice and ok in friendliness. With the other tools, like flash you can make a site look very professional.

jehnx

have a look here;

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=231869

someone offering their services for free, might be worth a look.

Phat: Thank you very much. I have been contacted by "neel," and I will also PM this person and reply to their thread to see which one is could do the things I'm looking for. Thanks again to you all.

jehnx, give me a PM of what you want exactly and I will see what kind of design I can come up with. I will do what I can to help, or be in collaboration with others; a few heads are better than one.

Kwiep
    well no need to say anything anymore...
    Double Dutch

alittlebitnumb: Thank you, too, for this. I recommend contacting neel, though, b/c I'm more-than-likely having him/her do it for me. Thank you 100 times for all of you guys' help.