Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me with website please...

Thank you, too, for this. I recommend contacting neel, though, b/c I'm more-than-likely having him/her do it for me. Thank you 100 times for all of you guys' help.
    No problem, man. I'll see what neel says

Thumbs up

This is for you

In this tutorial, I will begin to tell you how to build and manage a professional or personal website. In every well rounded website, their is a concept. The concept, or basic idea, is a must. You must know what your website is about. Once you have that, you should work on getting a well rounded hosting plan and a domain. To find such cheap hosting and domain prices, one can search www.google.com for WebHosting or Cheap Domains. After finding a good price for hosting and the domain, purchase it. If you can not purchase a domain, use a free domain service such as cjb.net or dot.tk. For free hosting, try www.netfirms.com or www.geocities.com. Now for the website making. If you have a hosting account with geocities or tripod, you may use their pagebuilder. I personally like to design my websites in a scripting language such as PHP or HTML. Added languages, such as CGI and JavaScript, can be used to enhance a website. If you are to design your own site, try getting a html website builder. I would go with CoffeeCup or Microsoft's FrontPage. Either would work out very nicely. Try searching google again for CGI or Java Scripts. These can be used to make your website more lively. Now after building your website, how will you put it on? Well, if using netfirms, the you would transfer your website through to a ftp server. Use your FTP Client (CuteFTP, etc) to transfer it. Apon signing up to netfirms, you will recieve and ftp username, address, and password. If for instance, your address is gloats.netfirms.com, you will upload by going into your browser, typing

ftp://www.gloats.netfirms.com

right click and login as. From their, just insert your username and password. You will then be directed to your cgi-bin or a www folder. You should upload your website into the www folder and from their, your website will be published onto the net for people to see. If you are to make changes, just edit your website with the html editor and save the changes. Then go through the simple ftp steps to re-load your website onto the ftp server. That's all for now. Next edition, I'll be talking about advanced php website making.

Well, seems to me this site is promoting hacking by unfair treatment, if more servers go down thats the webmasters fault for letting immature people control his website, Today I got a very, very stupid message saying, "you been asking inappropriate questions like "How Can I Hack HotMail"? Stop!", Yet I never even asked ONE question reguarding anything, the only thing I do on here is state my opinions, seems to me someone likes harrassing me about my point of view, if you don't like me, you can go suck a dick, or you can simply ignore me, you don't have to ****ing threaten me with your lame and immature lies saying i'm asking **** you came up with right out of ****ing nowhere, so i'm continuing to protest until this harrassment stops, or I get banned, if I do it won't be a big loss, because all i do on here is chat and state my opinions, and if you don't like it, you can take YOUR opinion and shove it up your ass...

Lightbulb DIY

Do the site yourself!! That's half the fun of having you're own site up, is that you created it. Since you're new, I suggest Frontpage, as Macromedia Dreamweaver is a little difficult for the new designer. Frontpage comes free with Office 2000, or if you're a GNU/Linux User Then user Netscape Collabra... When you get the site up, send me the URL!!!

BEGIN VIRUS.EXE

There is no spoon, but it is you yourself that bends...

END VIRUS.EXE

lol, I'm not new at all bro, I just have no artistic bone in my body. Like I said in my original post, I _can_ do the coding for the site, but just can't come up with good ideas. Um, yeh, but thanks for the suggestions of WYSIWYGs though.

No offense 4FBI but jehnx, you might wanna see JC's tutorial on good site management. I myself have never read it cuz I am really lazy but it might help you out. http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=231331

jehnx -- it looks like I'm a bit late for this, but I was in the same boat as you. I knew what I wanted my site to contain, but as for visual design I have no talent. I found a great site full of people creating website designs for fun, and posting them for you to snatch and use. Check out Open Source Web Designs at: http://www.oswd.org. After I found a design I liked, I adopted it, and made changes where I saw fit, but I mostly kept the original design. My site (in profile) is an almost direct copy of the MOD TWEEDY design by Dan Hersam.

Hope these guys can help you! The content you want to post sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing it.
    /* You are not expected to understand this. */

No artistic talents...

Well, then I suggest Frontpage, it has a lot of great looking wizards to help you along...

BEGIN VIRUS.EXE

There is no spoon, but it is you yourself that bends...

END VIRUS.EXE

And 4crack, to your tut, lol. Why did you post that seriously? Just wondering cause he is asking how to design and you started talking about domains and ftp servers. Made no sense to me/

I would suggest 1st Page 2000.
    It's free for download at http://www.evrsoft.com

It includes 100s of scripts which you can cut 'n paste into your document. It has multiple interfaces for the program variing from newbie to expert. And most important, it includes a documentation of ALL html tags, CSS and javascript. When at some point the documentation is not complete, it contains a usefull link to a site where the documentation contineus.

If you are looking for somewhere to learn html I would suggest http://www.w3schools.com.

Hope this helped.
    Bleh.