Thread: Quick Reply

Quick Reply

I was thinking that perhaps the "Quick Reply" input window should occur only after the very last post in the thread. Thus, users would have to at least look at all the posts before posting replys. Personally, I've been so 'into' the first page of a thread that I post a response, not realizing that there are 3 more pages in the thread that I haven't even looked at yet....many of which answered my questions, made me look like an *******, or both...

So, in short...Quick reply at the very end, not on every page....still shorcuts the VBS, etc...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Thats no good, cuz sometimes I'll see an argument on the first page that I want to take apart and analyze, and if the quick reply was only on the last page then I would need to have 2 windows open.

ouroboros>> i have seenmany people post replys before reading everything, and i like them and yourself have done this as well, i think you have a solid idea there.
    what is love but contempt for hate?

No offense to either of you, but for threads where long debates are going to be carried on, I think this idea will be horrible. And no offense but I really hope this doesn't get implemented. I like quick reply, and often when people are replying using quick reply they are trying to post something relevant without taking a long time (especially on dial-up connections), this feature would defeat that purpose.

Originally posted here by khakisrule
    Thats no good, cuz sometimes I'll see an argument on the first page that I want to take apart and analyze, and if the quick reply was only on the last page then I would need to have 2 windows open.
    But, on your "reply" page, you should have all posts, and their text content listed after the last full post...don't you?...Hey, that gives me another idea...

Ouroboros

-Occam's Razor

So you want to have one big page for all posts? That idea is even worse than this one!!!!!

That is not what I was implying, khakisrule...only that sometimes we get so enthralled by one post that we don't pay attention to the later ones, questions answered or not...feeding off of emotion can drive a quick post, regardless of the logic that may make its presence known overall...

Ouroboros

-Occam's Razor

Having quick reply on each page is useful to reply to a specific post. That is the best reason I can think of for keeping quick reply on each page.