Has nothing to do with Security but....

Thread: Has nothing to do with Security but....

Has nothing to do with Security but....

OK I was wondering if it is possible to create a program that can "roll Dice"
    Also is there a way to make it show everyone in I dunno A MIRC chat room the roll. I want to do some roleplaying over the Internet with some of my old friends and we need some way to do it. If anyone is bored and wants to make the dice program at least I need a d20 d10 d6 d4 Im sure after I finish this book on how to do C+ programming I will figure it out, but seeing how I am still reading the first 2 pages things aren't looking so good. I just don't have too much time where I can sit and read, but luckily I can type pretty fast and typing only takes me about 2 minutes to type all this and send it through.
    Thanks Everyone

Yes you can make a roll dice program, but you can easly make one with another language. If you know any other programming languages, I reccomend you use it.
    \"keep your friends close, your enemys closer, and your administrator closest.\"

Hey J...Well that kind of program could be kinda complicated with C++. I think you might be able to do something like that with a scripting language and then have the number displayed on a webpage or something. Hmmm...interesting question though, need to look at my books. Long live D&D eh? Cool...

I had an old Windows program called Dice13 wich was able to do all the roll dice you could imagine (d20, d6, d100, d27... d6+1, d87+d8...!).

I don't know where it is on the net (and if it is on the net, it's an old soft), but you can make a google search with keywords "dice", "program" or "software" and maybe "13" associated. There are anothers roll dice programs you can find in this way and they could help you.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Create one in Qbasic!!! Use the random number function limiting it to whatever side dice you need!! I did it ages ago and a know a few people who still use it! Adds a whole new dimension to Role playing :P (try a 30 strong Warhammer fantasy roleplay game with 1 computer and no dice!!!)

VB! Something that can be very easily done. You should check on the web, I'm sure there is one.

You can also make an IRC "bot" that rolls random numbers. The old IRC d&d rooms used those.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I used to use Dice13 also. Good program. I even had it for my Handspring Visor. Search google for Dice programs...There are plenty of them out there...Or check....
    http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.ht...search=+Go%21+
    Download.com has 112 different dice programs
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

i've made one with VB about a year and a half ago using random number generator.
    it works well, but i dont have it with me on this computer. when i get home, i will look to see if i still have it.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

It's a gas!
    Very easy in VB!

I should have one on my box at home, ill take a look when i get home to see what i can come up with.

Its a basic program but should cover your needs.

r3b00+