Thread: Tech toolkit recommendations

Tech toolkit recommendations

Ok, so we (BADLY) need to get some tools (crimp tool, testers, screw drivers! cutters/strippers... the usual) where I work at...

I was wondering if any techs/admins here have recommendations for "pre-wrapped" tech toolkits (a one stop shopping kit...)? If you had a link to a online store that would be nice too

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

Re: toolkits

You could also try tiger direct......some of the tools they have in there aren't too bad. Radioshack is where I have most of my tools from except for a punch down tool......*picks the pocket lint out of his pocket*......i'm a lil short on fundage atm :P
    f*** milk......got ink?!?

Heya...try checking out www.outpost.com It's Fry's Electronics online store. Not the best quality always, but its good to pick up things cheap that will do the job. I'm not sure if they deliver outside the US tho...

I couldn't find one kit that seemed well adapted to meet all needs. In the end I wound up purchasing a couple of seperate kits that had different purposes, ie crimping and cutting line as opposed to line testing.

Most of the items required I was able to find here:
    http://www.cablesnmor.com/tools.html

Hope this helps.
    Regards.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

The Iceman Cometh
    I know CompUSA has some pre-packaged toolkits, but like pawn2king said about Fry's, their not really the best quality. If money's not an issue, I would go to Sears and build your own collection with Craftsman tools. They're guaranteed for life, but I have never had a problem. I have a woodshop full of Craftsman tools, so when I wanted something better than my cheap little computer repair kit from DataComm Warehouse, I decided to go with Craftsman. I purchased all of the tools I needed and was using the container from my cheap kit until I found a perfect container in a DataComm Warehouse catalog. They had various packages, with and without tools, so I picked the one I wanted without tools and have been using it ever since (that was about 4 years ago). Check out DataComm Warehouse @ www.warehouse.com They have prepackaged toolkits which are decent quality, though I'd still go for making your own... that way you have what you need/want, and not what you don't.

AJ

try www.jensentools.com. They have some really good, but a bit pricey, pre-wrapped toolkits
    BA

Blackbox at www.blackbox.com has several pre-configured toolkits available... a bit pricey, but nice kits.