View Poll Results: Would you buy a Chinese OS that rivals Win98?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep

5 12.20%
  • Nope

19 46.34%
  • Don\'t know

11 26.83%
  • Don\'t care

6 14.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Member Spotlight - Part 2

Member Spotlight - Part 2

Due to the death of a perfectly fine thread with 2 posts from a Luser in them I have decided to start it again!!!
    The old post was at:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...985#post547985

Anyway So what is it for? What are your thoughts ?? We still havent had a reply from JP but oh well maybe he will reply to this one!!

Hmm - No, I think the basic idea is sound. We've gone over the reasoning behind and implications of the recent changes in these treads:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=229911
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=231102

But like any new feature Auto thread closing will take a while to bed down and there will be, as there always are, some teething troubles. I have noticed in my time here however that these sorts of issues tend to get resolved quite quickly. =]

My tuppence? Maybe we need to have suicidal posts rather than suicidal threads. And only close the entire thread if the first post 'commits suicide'. Suicidal posts in a good thread could then be hidden (the same way as spoiler posts or posts by banned users) from the main thread.

Alternatively all it might need if for JP to tweak a couple of algorithms - you'd have to ask him, 'cos after all - it's his site
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    NTSA you have good remarks on the suicidal thread thing but Redgore is talking about a funny thing on the site: the member spotlight. No one seems to know what it is for.
    Or do I understood you completly wrong ntsa?

VK>> Im on about both!!! The last thread was killed because of one idiot!! That isnt fair IMO! We are also discussing the Member Spotlight again if it gets back in the swing!

This some sort of double discussion thing. The member spotlight part 1 got closed due to the suicidal thing therefor member spotlight part 2 is discussing member spotlight and suicidal threads?

Yep thats it in short :P

But we still do not know what the "member spotlight" means
    the following suggestions were already mentioned:

- member birthday
    - a special member
    - member with highest antipoints
    - JP playing with our minds with useless features
    - a random / default thing from JP
    - JP is working on it

Wow - I'm confused.

But I s'pose that if you're not confused you're misinformed.
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

Like suggested before...

Why not make it so 1 user giving more then 1 person negs does not count twords the thread being more negative... that way its not just 1 user screwing up the thread

i think its a wonderfull suggestion
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

A thread should only be dropped if the first post is on the extreme negative end, the other parts to it shouldn't be suicided cause somebodys a jackhole, if someone is an ass their part of the thread should be deleted and they should be muted for n amount of hours.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.