Hello,
I am in need of a way to trace an e-mailed message back to its originating computer. I have recently opened an ISP in my small mid-western town. ( I brought fiber into this area and of course have exclusive rights to who can connect to it. ) Naturally, I have the fastest connection and the most bandwidth to offer my customers than the other two ISPs that are laughingly my competition. (They are still using analog phone lines and antique modem banks on PC's of all things for their servers...my equipment is ALL state of the art Cisco, Sun, Ascend, etc...) I opened this ISP to provide a quality service to my community, my competitors are fleecing their customers and slandering me in the process...and I have about had it!!!
I have been targeted by them and have piles of logs to show their feeble attempts at comprimising my security. I am being bombarded by DOS attacks, e-mail trojans and the like. I need to obtain the MAC addresses of their equipment so the authorities can seize their equipment and expose them for what they really are. This has to be repeatable as well so I can show the authorities that I am not blowing smoke up their a--'s. I know all this to be true as none of my customers are getting these mailings only my partner and myself are being targeted, my anonymous e-mail addies have not been getting these attacks either, and I have them subscribed to the same forums and sites that my public addies are on, and they reside on the same servers.
These atrocities need to be acted upon now and thouroghly, because if I let this slide I am only going to encourage them to keep it up. They have pis--d up the wrong tree this time, I am going to show them one way or the other that I am here to stay and they will have to like it! I opened this expecting competition, and welcome it as that only serves to improve the services that they offer by forcing them to improve and update their own equipment, I never dreamed they would declare war on me!!! These folks are being childish and unscrupulous opponents and deserve to pay dearly for their actions. For more info on their activities visit my web site at RIP Internet