Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Extremely Negative Posts... need attention getter.

Vorlin: I wasn't advocating the usage of the extreme-positive graphic, but I've added it in just-for-the-heck-of-it so people can take a gander at it. It certainly won't help too much in finding quid-pro-quo ap-whoring.

Prankster: Hm... unless I goofed with the saved versions, both images should have the same number of frames and the first two attachments should have the same cycle-rates, and the last two attachments should also have the same rate between them.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Vorlin: The idea of locking a thread out that has had too many positiv AP's applied might actually help the balance. But at what point would it be fair to consider a thread locked? If there are thirty posts to a thread VS. A thread with only ten posts... obviously the larger thread is going to have a higher positive (or negative) AP count...

Perhaps using the number of posts to a thread to decide when the thread dissalows positive AP... if more people post after the thread has been locked perhaps the thread can then reopen for positive AP's again?

Terr: I hate graphic thingies... but really it does sound like a good way to let the fair people know when excessive AP's have been applied the positive thing would tend to light up some posts like a christmas tree, but the negative counter would give a clue as to the general idea of a post at a quick glance.

On another note, a simple thread summary, or even a flag to point out how popular a thread has been tagged to each thread would allow one to decide beforehand whether its worth it to view a thread in the first place. (some of us minimalistic types dont come out of our shell often) If it were possible to turn this feature on or off for each user, it would definately be of some use to those of us who are short on the time it takes to sort through threads daily.

just my $1.50......
    ~THEJRC~
    I\'ll preach my pessimism right out loud to anyone that listens!
    I\'m not afraid to be alive.... I\'m afraid to be alone.

i think it`s a good idea terr good job with the graphic`s 2
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Banned
    hmmmm all this talk about flashing..... i dont see any flashing here....... just a blowback of using non-M$ compliant browsers i guess

good point deb.i just think some people tend to post stuff and only realizing afterwards that they have faulted but by then it is to late to do something about it.i think sometimes they are so eager to get their first post up and see a reply being posted,that they overreact.

Here is a suggestion.Why dont we put it to the vote?
    regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

Greetings all,
    Terr, this is just a suggestion.What if the arrow was to change colour from one side to the other for example...as it moves from left which is close to being a gonner the colour is red, and as you gain antipoints it will change from red to light red to yellow to orange to light green to dark green.I don't know if this is even possible but it is just a thought.

regards
    v/man
    Practise what you preach.

Van: I suppose I could add that, but it would take a few more frames of animation to make it look good, and I want to appease those who are jealous of the few kbytes that it would take out of their bandwidth before it was cached

Also, I recently viewed an old thread on IE on a pretty fast machine at the library... Ton of ram, nice 2ghz+ processor... and it wasn't at all evenly displaying my avatar's frames, it had to concentrate on so many blinking and/or animated items at once... Not that it really bothered me, but I'd like to avoid the minor irritation problems like that may cause.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Banned
    Greetings:

How could I possibly resist such nifty little icons? Heh, thanks Terr, suggestion taken, and up live.

Thread Closed.