Thread: Calendar

Calendar

Hey there everyone, I was just thinking about this when I was looking at the calendar on the AO front page. It will probably take some work to implement, but I think it'll be good. Anyway, I'll get to my point before you all click 'back' due to my ramblings.

Well, the idea itself is pretty basic. I was thinking of personalising the calendar for all users so that they could write events, appointments, reminders, etc. So basically, the little calendar would appear as is, but with dates - that you have scheduled stuff in - underlined or bold and with a link, leading to a page that has details of what you scheduled in that day.

So yeah, I think you get the point - it's something along those lines. So, ideas? Yes...no?

Cheers,
    Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

I think it would be a great idea to implement meeting dates to discuss security trends in the IRC chat room, and the calendar would hold information as these dates and times. It would bring the AO community together more. Events would include tutorial discussions, where AO is going, current events, and so on. I understand this could cause chaos in the IRC chat, but I'm sure some members are talented and smart enough to maintain control and subject matter during these events. It would add a little more feature into the calender, and put a little more community events into the AO... just my two cents...