When last post counts as an edit

Thread: When last post counts as an edit

When last post counts as an edit

With that new feature where, if somebody posts to a thread where they posted last there new post gets added to their old post, well I was wondering if somebody could add a bar in between and/or a time for the addition. The reason is I was just adding to my post in the firewall thread and because I posted last, it says that I edited my post. And so I was thinking could anybody let people know that I had made another post? If this suggestion sounds dumb, forgive me please. Its late and I'm tired, but I can't sleep.

A lot of people go through and type a space for a new paragraph and the word "edit" before their new information. You could simply just edit the post that your new information got added to and put "edit" before it.

why not just add a line like this:
    [ADDED on DD/MM/YY at HH:MM]
    then puts the new text below that...i think that would both make it clear it was annother post and keep it just as easy as it is now

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

My main gripe is the fact that by making the new post part of the previous one, the thread is not "bumped up". I suggest to JP, that if a post is combined with an earlier one, the thread be bumped up anyway. Also khakisrule, if you look at the bottom of a post that has been combined, there is a message that says when it was last edited.

Helsinki, Finland
    Next to the "last edited" data it should fill the "reason" field with something like "Auto added".
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25