Thread: Lindows Price????????????

Lindows Price????????????

When lindows was first being developed the CEO of the Company said that lindows would be sold at a fraction of what windows costs. at that time windows ME was still out and selling at about $100.00 dollars, When I went up to check the price for the new OS that i really wanted to try out. And low and behold the new Linux style operating system that was designed upon a free OS has a price tag of $99.00. geesh. most pro versions of linux barely reach that price.

I was a bit dissapointed in the price i was thinking $50.00 or $60.00 at the most for it.

Hopefully lindows.com will see that the linux community is made up of mostly FREE software, and the only way to beat M$ if they want. Is to lower their price of lindows or offer free updates via the Internet.

Anyways, just wanted to share.
    Whats a \"START\" button?

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Ummm, yeah, this is pretty old news...

Its overpriced, crappy, and beta. Lets see, who else sells their software for way to much money while it is still in Beta testing..... I am starting to think Microsoft should have won the case....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Yea, I am guessing click-n-run isn't included in that. Which means you can either sit at your computer and do nothing all day or you can pay an extra $99 to download some software. Lindows lost its appeal a long time ago.