Thread: Ip Uttilities

Banned

Ip Uttilities

where can I find some? Or what type of search should I do? I'm looking for uttilities that can help me find information about a certain ip address that is port scanning me and trying to connect to my computer. I'm not sure why or who they are, so I'd like to figure it out. Thank's

www.arin.net/whois

or there are several software packages out there, one good one for Windows I cannot remember the name of, and its driving me nuts, cause I have it on one of my windows boxes.

A lot of ip tools are already into your pc.
    On Windows you have tracert, nslookup... type their names in a dos prompt or in the Windows help to have info about.
    There also a lot of tools you can find on internet, use google, you will find variations of traceroute, soft including some simple tools in an easy to use interface...

Read tutorials about this on AO, they'll explain you how to find info with those tools.
    Life is boring. Play NetHack... --more--

Sam spade is great

http://www.samspade.org/
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

http://www.samspade.org - many usefull tools for lookups
    nitrous.digex.net - do your lookups from MAE East, MAE West or a couple others listed.
    visualroute.com - get a visual of approximate location of the IP in question

Hope this helps. Regards.

<edit> It seems I was beaten to samspade.org. Sorry for the dup. </edit>
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

There is a great website out there called geektools (http://www.geektools.com). They made software that will do a whois and print it out for ya.

Although I think SamSpade is the best, you might want to take a look at this one

ip-tools from:

http://www.ks-soft.net/

From their Page:

Local Info - examine the local host and show info about processor, memory, Winsock data, etc

Connection Monitor - displays information about current TCP,UDP network connections

NetBIOS Info - get NetBIOS information about network interfaces (local and remote computers)

NB Scanner - shared resources scanner

Name Scanner - scan all hostnames under range of IP addresses

Port Scanner - scan host services (support range of addresses, like 193.15.1.1 - 193.15.3.255)

Ping Scanner - ping a remote hosts over the network (support range of addresses)

Trace - trace the route to a remote host over the network

WhoIs - obtain information on names from the Network Information Center

Finger - finger one or more users at a remote host

LookUp - look up domain names according to its IP address or an IP address from its domain name

GetTime - get time from time servers (and setup correct time on local system)

Telnet - telnet client

IP-Monitor - show in real time graphics for TCP,UDP,ICMP In,Out,Error packets
    Host Monitor - monitoring the up/down status of selected hosts.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I just remembered the tool I was thinking of.

Its called Neo Trace.

its great for getting info on ip addresses, etc.