JAVA on XP pro

Thread: JAVA on XP pro

JAVA on XP pro

I know, I should be able to solve this but I couldn't get in the irc because I don't have java.
    I have enabled active x and tried to download the 1.1.x but it keeps sending me to M$ and then I get a message "java virtual machine is not supported by XP"
    I am using XP PRO and the latest version of M$ IE
    help :-(
    tired of being called an ass

You can download the latest JVM from Microsoft @

http://www.microsoft.com/java/download.htm

That should fix your problem....

I'v been there and just checked again. I can get a compiler and development tools but not VM or any other plugin for my browser

First never rely on M$ for the corrction on any problem try http://java.sun.com/getjava/download.html they have a XP plug in.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Thank's Palemoon that did it After 3 hours of bull%#@! my fancy new browser works almost as good as my old one- it took months to get it right- I would love to get M$ and all of it's keyboard jockeys on the looped end of a rope, oops sorry that might be considerd a terrorist threat so how about they have to use M$ at home on there personal machine- (no cheating retail versions only)