Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Killing pop-up ads

There is also a version of Kazza called Kazza Lite. which does what allenb1963 talks about. It is a lite version of Kazaa which has the bandwidth restricition lifted and the pop-up add stuff removed. The only issue us you can not upgrade the version from Kazaa when you log-in or connect becuase it would replace the lite version and it also place a dummy .dll file in place or the cydor so ir you scan with AdWare it will find it but it is a dummy not doing what the original is.

I have also user a little app called pop-up stopper. (Think I got it from Download.com/CNET whatever) it seem to work nice, the issue is there are many site where you want the popup to happen (filling out forms, buying stuff, etc) Site have windows that pop-up to get information and you need those to happen or the site is usless to you. With this little app if you want the pop-up before you click on the link you do a shift-click, which allows the popup.

Whatever like I said I bet there ar e few out there that work fine. This is jsut my experience..

Enjoy
    P
    My other Computer is a 4000 node Beowulf Custer

The fastest way, but will cause some problems with other sites unless you follow the procedure posted earlier regarding "Trusted Sites" :

In IE 6 Go to Tools | Internet Options | Security

Set security to "High"

Having tried that myself and been frustrated with all the maintenance this causes me, I did the following:

Downloaded Popup Stopper, found at:

http://www.panicware.com

and ran it successfully to stop MOST pop-ups.

Mozilla!

Use Mozilla, it not only has a built-in pop-up blocker that actually works without breaking stuff, but also has an ad-blocker built in, and is faster than IE! Try it.

zdnet.com and cnet.com seem to have retired Spyblocker. I found it at this link www.sharewarejunkies.com/02zwd1/spyblocker.htm

zdnet.com and cnet.com seem to have retired Spyblocker. I found it at this link www.sharewarejunkies.com/02zwd1/spyblocker.htm

well if you ask me, use Kazaalite, it is kazaa without the spyware. You can get it from kazaalite.com. then at that site they also have an adblocker, that should help with everything else. However blocking ads goes agaiinst rules set forth by every website or program maker. They must make money for their program, especially when they are NOT charging you to use it.

John Platt

Proxomitron is a nice piece of freeware that blocks most ad related popups. It also has the added feature of multilayer proxy support. It is simple to install and run, while providing numberous features for tweaking its screening. Works with all browsers. Give it a try!

Located at http://www.spamblocked.com/proxomitron

Try AnalogX, you'll find ''pow'' to kill popups and

''cookie wall'' for you guessed it, cookies.

try www.webattack.com

sir henry.

If you want power and control, go Proxomitron. If you want a good browser that will work with most sites that aren't worshipping Microsoft and it's proprietary we-don't-care-what-anyone-else-uses coding, then use Opera. Opera has a quick panel of option to let you turn off popups anytime. (And turn them back on when they aren't AD popups, and to have them pop up, but only behind all the other stuff.... and a ton of other useful secure and convenient features. I wuv it.)
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency