Why I hate unicenter

Thread: Why I hate unicenter

PHP/PostgreSQL guy

Why I hate unicenter

Everyone vaunts those enterprise management software suites which consumes horrendous amounts of disk and memory yet we have to put it on every *****ing server...sigh...my poor unix boxes.

Anyways, today I get a call from Ops saying "Unicenter's using up one of the procs entirely, can you look at it?". I go look and see this:

Memory: 344772K (214292K) real, 1526852K (1344436K) virtual, 60556K free Page# 1/9

3 ? 3740 root 241 20 1031M 180K run 2796:02 93.02 92.86 oprsafd

The oprsafd is some daemon used by CA Unicenter and this bastard of a process has been alive for 2796 minutes (over 40 hours) and has consumed/locked/chewed through *ONE GIG* of memory...

I hate unicenter....bash trash loot and sack!
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

I hate Hands On Technology Transfer (www.traininghott.com) they screwed me over on the same C++ class 7 or 8 times now, and will not refund my $1795. (all I get is) "We will let you know when we schedule the next meeting in your area". They have cancelled the previous 7 or 8, so whats to make me think the next one will go on?

Not to mention it basically makes your computer look like it has been trojaned if you install the whole suite...Gotta love invasive software...

There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)