Thread: Open Source FTP Control

Open Source FTP Control

Overview

I wanted to create an FTP control that would perform file uploads from VB, Delphi, VC++ or the windows script host (largely on the basis that I am too mean to buy one ). And because I'm writing it at the weekend it's open source - so now you don't have to buy one either The control has been written in VB6.

I'm not going to go into a huge discussion of the source code of the control here, but it's attached below in the sourcefile.zip file if anyone wants to look. This mini-tutorial is just going to cover the registration and usage of the FTPx control (in the case of the example here for the WSH) that is included in the attached FTPx.zip file.

Registration of the control

To register the OCX component run the following command:
    regsvr32 <path_to_OCX>\FTPx.OCX
    Usage

To use this object in the Windows Script Host save the following code as a .vbs file and run it using the cscript executable.

Code:
    Set FTPx =WScript.CreateObject("FTPxControl.FTPx")

FTPx.Port = 21 'Port to connect to
    FTPx.Server = "127.0.0.1" 'IP address to connect to
    FTPx.Proxy = "" 'IP of proxy server (if used)
    FTPx.UserName = "username" 'Connection Username
    FTPx.Password = "password" 'Connection Password

wscript.echo "connecting to FTP..."
    If FTPx.LogOn = True Then 'Returns True if connected

wscript.echo "connected!"

'Set Remote Directory
      FTPx.RCD("/some_folder/") 

'Upload a file 
      FTPx.UploadFile ("File_to_upload.txt")

FTPx.LogOff

End If
    If you enjoyed this you might enjoy these others :
    Web based classes
    Backing up the IIS metabase.
    Building your own IDS tripwire.
    Credit card security
    Dumping SQL data to a text file
    Hunting down skript kiddies
    Search Engine submission 'exploit'
    Forced shutdown of a remote nt/2k server
    Securing an installation of IIS 4. (No, seriously)
    Remote DSN Connections, using WinAPIs and the registry
    Scripting Internet Connections Under Window$
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

The Control

This is the FTPx Control. You can use this control in VB, ASP, JavaScript, Delphi, VC++, the windows script host or any programming language that supports ActiveX objects. That may include PHP, but I couldn't confirm that.

If anyone knows I'd be interested.
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

The Source Code

This is the source code for the FTPx control. The code has been written in VB6.
    Sir Winston Churchill.

Questions? Comments?
    Sir Winston Churchill.

Where were you when i needed you? j/k a year and a half ago i was looking everywhere for this, couldn't find it and wound up using my own resources, learned allot that way, but I'm storing this for future reference.

Thanks
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

T€ÐØß1 > Sorry I didn't write it sooner - hope it comes in useful Thanks!
    Sir Winston Churchill.

To the person who gave me negs and the comment:

you oversell yourself
    Life is all about selling - you'll come to appreciate this as you grow up. But in this instance I am giving away code that I have written in the hope that some other members of AO will find it useful. So in this context the charge is wholly unjustified and you, sir, are an arse.

If this counts as overselling myself, or if you did not find this code useful, I apologise, but I didn't sit down and think "what can I post on AO?" - I wrote the code for myself and then decided it might be useful to other AO members.
    Sir Winston Churchill.