Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: News: California passing law to kill raves?

News: California passing law to kill raves?

Hmmm... it would appear as though the State of California is attempting to make it extremely difficult to promote "any electronic music dance event of the type commonly referred to as rave" and to require the event promotors to prove they will be able to keep any participants from using any drugs. Does it make sense that rave promoters seem to be being singled out here?

Link to the proposed bill is here.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Banned
    No effect here..

yeah, im kinda past that stage too. I guess getting married at 24 puts a damper on those kinds of activities...
    freedom is a road seldom traveled by the multitude

freedom aint free

whatever... I guess is you going to drugs at one of these things you have to do it before you get there...
    My other Computer is a 4000 node Beowulf Custer

My point isn't that "oh, whoa is me - I can't rave anymore." First off, I don't tend to go to those things (except as medical support) - never really have... second of all, drugs are - well, they're not for me, and never have been.

The thing that bothers me here is that it's yet another encroachment on your personal freedoms, folks. This is "a security-minded site," correct? Likewise, it's pertinent info, in my opinion, as it starts to affect what you can and can not do... and what these "big brother type agencies" can hold you personally responsible for... it's not a good trend - and just shows you what sorts of things your legislators are quietly passing (ie. because if they let it hit the news, there'd be huge backlash from privacy/freedom advocates and they'd likely be sunk).
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

TechieChick
    Gentlemen..the whole point that draziw was trying to present isn't that you can't rave anymore..but that the government is restricting you from doing something based on the theory that there is a high drug use at that particular type of event.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:

SECTION 1. Section 53087.6 is added to the Government Code, to
    read:
    53087.6. (a) As used in this section, "rave party" means any
    electronic music dance event of the type commonly referred to as rave
    parties that may be attended by 500 or more persons.

What he is trying to point out is that this is the begining and while you may not be concerned becouse it doesn't affect you, it affects your neighbor and next time it could affect you.

Yea that sucks. A party we had in niagra falls Groove Attack 3 (peple from all over the country were there) There were 22 cops walking the floor and cops on the rafters with binoculars and camaras leading to the big mobile crime unit outside and there were 12 arrests for Unlawful Criminal sale of E and K.
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Like someone said before, this is an invasion of your personal life. I have never (and never will) go to a rave, but still i dont think they should ban it. Also, i saw it said: "As used in this section, "rave party" means any
    electronic music dance event of the type commonly referred to as rave
    parties that may be attended by 500 or more persons. " so i guess if it is 499 people they will allow it? ;-)

Yea i am going to WEMF (World Electronic Music Festival) in toronto in a couple of months . Usually thousands of people there 3 days of good times.

I party sober though ( well no Synthetic stuff. Alchohol and other stuff yes )
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!