Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need help stopping a pedophile!!!

Exclamation need help stopping a pedophile!!!

Im hoping that some of you out there can help me with this problem. My cousins' two daughters, 12 and 13 have been contacted by a guy through aol chat. This guy says he is 13 yrs old but he is getting too personal and is scaring the girls. He is asking things like if the girls are virgins, where they are living, what school they go to, etc. I have a feeling that this is not legit. I have his aol screen name. I was wondering if there was anything that I could do to put this guy out of business or if i can verify that this guy is legit. If he is not, i want to put him away for a good, long time. I want to gather evidence of this and am doing so by saving all of the chat sessions. I plan to go to the authorities, but I would like to track him down to his isp. Any help would be appreciated. I know that some would frown on this as "cracking" but I am worried about my cousins' daughters and any other girls that he might be trying to "get" Thanks for your concern.
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.

Well, if he's on AOL Chat then his ISP is AOL. Just don't let them talk to him anymore, pedaeophilia is a disease and it's not gonna be cured by him going to jail. Just get them away from him if you truly believe he's not really 13 or whatever.

Banned
    contact the IFCC immediately. Bring this information up with your state police, and AOL. If you can find out what state the guy is from. Contact the state police in that state.

Step 1. contact the FBI; Step 2. contact your local police department Step 3. contact AOL. Step 4. Let the FBI & Local PD set up a sting on the guy. You just stay out of it.

If you have the screen name of the person doing this then you need to contact the ISP and the Police. There are private groups out there that police this type of stuff online and I am sure that AOL has a community that does this to al-beit it might be underground. Some of these group are made up of law enfourcement types..

http://www.ilj.org/stalking/cyberspace.htm
    http://www.onlineharassment.com/
    My other Computer is a 4000 node Beowulf Custer

TechieChick
    Go here, and follow through to your state. You'll find an online complaint form for reporting abuse, etc.

I like Fakeboy's suggestion. That's what you should do and contact law enforcement personally. Police dept. should have a section with an internet crime division. Once they take it up they would probably contact the feds and set up a sting. Provide all the information you gathered, but don't do the detective work yourself.

First step is to contact your local Police and file a report, many PD's now have cyber crime units that may be able to log in as using the right names and track the person, do not attempt to do it yourself unless you know everything you are doing. If it is an AOL chat room then give the police the information about the user name and the room involved. If you get no action from the local police buut have filed a report and have a case number go to the FBI then see if they will help, and as another option log the chat and send it to abuse@aol.com as to the room involved and record of that was said. If it is AOL and they are using their IM then it could be anyone anywhere, as all IM you can save the log of the chats or highlight the text and paste into a notepad text file. If you want to stop it then change the IM or user name and or block contact from this user but they may change their name and re-contact. Lastly move the computer into an open space in the house so all activity can been seen at any given moment. While younger members here may not like this idea there is nothing that can replace a parent that is involved with what their child is doing while on-line. Parents are not the enemy, and there are far worse people out here check out the links of paldie.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

After you report this incident to the proper authorities, you could do somethings to help resolve the problem yourself. First, and you probably already know this, a responsible adult should be supervising all activity that your cousin's kids conduct on the internet. Secondly, you or someone else could take on the girls' AOL identity. People often forget that the computer hides identities of BOTH sides. You don't know who he is, and he wouldn't know that he is talking to you or a minor. Do some social engineering, and you might make better progress learning where he lives, maybe what he does for a living, and maybe even if he is a 13 year old or not. I guess it all depends on how much time you have, and if you feel it is worth your effort. Be careful not to give the suspect's AOL handle out, who knows, that sicko could be lurking about here....Good luck...keep your family safe

I appreciate all of the support and the help....I will try to get this taken care of quickly and efficiently. I will be taking this to the authorities as soon as i get the info I need. Thanks again for everything ;-)
    M$ support is like shooting yourself in the left foot and then putting a band-aid on the right one.

Tracerts and vague threats

Get him to message you when the message pannel is open go into a command prompt, go to start run type command enter. then in the prompt type netstat enter it'll tell you all IP's that are connected to your computer. you can make some educated guesses to eliminate which active connections are theirs. Now run a tracert to his IP. it'll hop around till it get's to his local aol router which should hit pretty close to home before aol masks it. That way your threats can hit a bit closer to home something like I wonder how the Police in Denver would feal about your actions. It should get him to stop messageing you. Messageing his ISP may get him kicked off his isp but major isp's like aol, at&t, earthlink etc. just boot them and take logs but they don't persue legal recourse against them unless they are supenad for the info. http://www.cyberangels.com/ will help out but they are pretty back logged. Just make sure you log all conversations you have with this guy and email the logs to the various sources.
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.