Litrux

Thread: Litrux

Litrux

http://www.litrux.com
    Has anybody tried this yet?

is this actually a licensed and registered OS by Linux? This seems like someone wanting to make a Linux type OS and says it is registered by Linux. It seems okay considering not much detail but is this a Linux product or a Wannabe product?

Im guessing that the OS works in the same way a typical linux boot disk works. If you've ever installed linux, you know that there is a limited gui, mouse support, and whatever else is needed for the install. Litrux expands on this by allowing manipulation of the computer's file system. The thing that interests me most about this is security. Nothing can be written to a cdrom(in most cases) therefore would this make a system like this extremely secure. However, since changes cant be made, it woulod make a single flaw unfixable.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Yeah but Im having trouble figuring out how it would be secure? Can you explain to me ThePreacher?

jc>> its security comes in the inability to change files around so at best all anyone with malicious intent could do is view files, if you want to keep people from reading files tho thats another story
    what is love but contempt for hate?

well i have tried to download several times but not yet succefull.
    i don't really like the idea off the os being read only but this is still in it's beta.
    with the source this would be quit nice.
    have your nix in your pocket.

That's it? All they could do is view them? Hmm... Still, what if you have data that can't be viewed. Then what could you do?

The security comes from the fact that no changes can be made to the OS. Even if someone does get root access, they cant damage anything. Howwever, if there is a flaw in the default OS, that flaw cannot be fixed.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

but if you have the source you could set up a sys to do excactly as you wish (like mounting drives and stuff) and use it anywhere you go..

Gotta love spellcheckers..

If you download and/or use this Produkt you accept all of the terms in this agreement.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson