Thread: Some new stats

Some new stats

A couple of new stats that would be interesting. The most interesting first.

1. 'AntiPoints/message' calculation in user's profile. A top 10 list should also be made of this.

2. Number of started threads in user's profile. We already have a top 10 list of this so it should be an easy one.
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Kwiep
    nice idea's
    Double Dutch

Also 'Average message lenght' (in words) would be nice under the 'Post count' calculation. People with average of 4 words would be the ones always posting "I agree" and something. Although it would probably be much easier for JP to do if it was in characters . 'Antipoints/character' would follow this.
    There is that 'check message lenght' link when writing this, so I don't think theses would be too hard to do.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    What do you mean by AP/message? Do you mean how many antipoints a person gives per assignement? This wouldn't work, because the number assigned varies depending on a rather complicated algorithm. Do you mean how many they have recieved as an average per post? Well, then the number you had wouldn't be private anymore, so that isn't really a good idea.

The number of threads started might not be bad, because I don't know of any way to get that information.

The message length would be pretty cool. It would give you a real good idea of people that make decent posts, and people that just say "nice post" The only problem is that one really long post can completely offset like 20 "I agree" posts.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

souleman, yes, I meant the "as an average per post" thing. If the number has to be private, we could just have that top10 list as we now have the "Top10 AP earners" , that doesn't tell the number but gets you the idea.

I would truly be interested in the 'average AP's per post' -list because that gets a more fair picture of user's contribution - it's clear that moderators/addicts have had more time to collect AP's than, say, members.