conspiricy theory

Thread: conspiricy theory

conspiricy theory

The other day I was watching a documentry about scotland yard (british police force) and how their main concern was not normal criminal activities but computer related crimes. This got me to thinking that the best thing for them to do would be to assemble profiles on all known "hackers" so that if a computer crime of note were to take place the chances of finding the indivigual or group responsible would be drastically increased.

Imagine for a moment that a government opened a website/BBS and led people to asume that they were "hackers" (like this hasn't happened before). When you join this online community you are asked to fill in information so that "other users" may know that because of the information you specified in your profile form, are the person to ask about unix. They may even learn from the posts that you like working with software from a certain auther etc.

All in all they could build up a pretty good picture or signiture of all persons belonging to their online club.

NB : THIS IS NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY, ITS JUST A THOUGHT

P R O T O C O L

- - - accept nothing , deny everthing - - -

Just cause your paranoid dont mean that their not after you --->had to say it

sounds like a plausable idea though
    Violence breeds violence
    we need a world court
    not a republican with his hands covered in oil and military hardware lecturing us on world security!

Banned
    You know these forums are being monitored. Half of the lamers we get are most likely someone trying to find those sharing information. Everyone knows they watch the IRC randomly monitor the 2600 meetings. Yes, they are watching, but unless you are actively involved in illegal activities. There is nothing to worry about. Just becareful of you surroundings at all times. Watch how you word things, and be cautious of your surroundings when you hold questionable conversations. Actually to be safe, just be paraniod that someone is after you at all times. That is what my supervisor told me when I first started. A great computer security personel is always paraniod of everything.

Banned
    everyone watches. even down to the grocery stores and those little cards you put on your keychain. its impossible these days to be totally stealth. just dont do anything stupid.

everyone is watched at all times no matter what you are doing, if you look at inapropriate things, they know, if you start opening up things on somebody elses server they're gonna no and theres a good chance theyll also no what you had for dinner last night.
    and there is a world court, youve just never heard of it because if you get to go into the world court you either get the death sentence or you get sent to some remote government operated facility where you are brainwashed and never seen or heard from by anyone in your past, you identity is changed and you get a new life. hows that for a conspiracy theory?
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

i think we have a whole new sitcom.

anyway, we're all just gathering information. thats our tools of the trade, so to speak.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

of coures, nobody here ever does anything against any rules.
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

paranoid is just another word for careful. At one point my house was actually under surveilence, though not for anything computer related, I believe it was either State Police or the DEA. They actually set up a truck across the street with photo gear, and told anyone who asked them what they were doing that they were photographing deer for a wildlife organization. And it was all because we were kind enough to let a dude stay with us, who turned out to be a convicted criminal truned informant. They were actually watching him, but it really freaked me out when I first saw the surveilence crew.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

well "profiling" hackers is kinda stupid, cause by far most attacks are canned scripts that all look the same. even if the attack wasnt canned, the attack would look just like the attack of whoever they learned the technique from.
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Banned

Lightbulb Money!!!

You want a conspiracy theory??? Well here is one for you. Money! That is the only exsisting conspiracy theory there is. It's all about the money!