Too many tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too many tutorials

Post Too many tutorials

I cant believe im complaining about this but, we've had too many tutorials lately. Ive seen the same subject covered by six different people, Ive seen tutorials written on the simplest of things, ive seen tutorials on writing tutorials. Give me a break. Ever since JP put the top 10 tutorial writers thing on the sidebar, it seems some people want to do whatever it takes to get on there.
    Wine maketh merry: but money answereth all things.
    --Ecclesiastes 10:19

Banned
    Nah, thats not true. Some people want to improve the community. Sure, if a tutorial has already been covered then tell people that. And ask the person to delete the post. But most tutorials are usually somewhat helpful. Appreciate that somebody took the time to post 'em preacher. BTW I don't want to be on that list, I just want to post. Mostly 'cause I'm bored.

Well I remember when we had one tutorial a week. No way I want to go back to that. Sure there not perfect and some of them down right suck but who cares. Bottom line is that I have lots of tutorials to read and Iím learning lots.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.

GreekGoddess
    If you look at the index that Negative put together versus the amount of tutorials there are in total, Negative is only posting those that are original. So for now, I can't really see this as a bad thing, anyone can search for tutorials on the internet, but AO's tutorials are supposed to be original, pretty much by the user for the user type idea.

well i normally think over when i post a tutorial...
    i usually think if it IS useful,or if anyone has already posted a tutorial about it.. and other stuff...
    i gotta say ntsa makes the coolest tutorials..

I think that tutorials should be submitted to JP or someone to verify they havent been done before copied and pasted etc. They then would have their own section on the site and be seperate to the other forums.

Sonic > /me blushes
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.

i am also working on some tutorials and will be posting sooon.. heheeh but i will not tel u the topics may be tommorrow i will come out with my first total different and first tutorial hope u all like it. but yes i have gone through some tutorials and they are really helpful. but whoever writes they should always keep one thing in mind that they should elaborate the topic to the most that is because the person who is searching for some tutorial is totally unaware of that particular language hence he/she needs info from the scratch .. that is step by step.

well i have also tried to make my tutorial very easy.. but then also lets see...

thank u
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

Hrm. I've been writing tutorials for this site long before the 'most tutorials posted' thing appeared. As a result, I'm top of the list (at the time of writing), and I still intend to write more - because I want to help people and share information.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them.
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
    (The Lord Of The Rings)
    http://www.bytekill.net

Rew > and that's the difference We are not just writting tuts to get our name on the front page.
    \"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.\"
    Sir Winston Churchill.