A Question about IRC

Thread: A Question about IRC

Question A Question about IRC

I have heard in past posts of the IRC, and I did a search, but I couldn't find it. What is the IRC and where is it located? Your help would be much appreciated.

You can get it at mirc.com, I personally don't know much about it.
    Mafia = Organized Crime
    Government = Unorganized Crime

you can find some information about IRc in this web page http://www.irchelp.org/irchelp/new2irc.html
    \"Knowledge is Power\"

Hi,
    IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. If you have a chat client (such as Mirc, Xchat for Windows, Pirch, or any of the clients for Linux, Xchat, Kvirc, etc) you can connect to a chat server and chat online with other people. Some web sites (such as AO) have Java Chat Clients that you can use.

Antionline has it's own chat server. The address is irc.antionline.com

The following link leads to a tutorial by Ms. Mittens. I recommend you read it if you're interested in IRC. Check out the tutorial forum. It has other IRC tutorials.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=136704
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Thanks! Much appreciated information!

Banned
    There are many IRC networks. Undernet was the first. Undernet and Efnet are very large old IRC networks. Now, most people use dalnet because it is much faster than many other large servers. In fact one of the main reasons for dalnet was to escape the slow servers of Undernet and Efnet. Let me put it this way, if you are on DSL and you try to register your nickname it would take easily over 40 seconds on Undernet or Efnet and less than 5 in dalnet.

hmm i really perfer Austnet coz its quite secure compared to other IRC networks.. and i know the commands in Austnet like the back of my hand..

Banned
    How big is it? Dalnet is the biggest IRC server, followed by undernet and efnet. You therefore have a better chance of finding what you are looking for, be it just a chat room, or some cool software, or some programming help. I use it for all of those.

I prefer Antionlines IRC and openprojects :P