Thread: Ignorance!

It's a gas!

Ignorance!

Hi guys

During a conversation with my Dad about internet security, he told me that he wasnt using any AV or firewall s/w and he wasnt planning on using any, as, quote 'Ive been using a computer for over 15 years without AV or firewall s/w and never had a problem, so im not going to start using any now!'

Personally i think this is a must for any internet user, because of all the maicious code, virii, trojans etc. that have been made readily available on the web, however he begs to differ.

How can i possibly persuade him to change his ways before he regrets his decision, or do you guys think i should let him learn the hard way?

Cheers guys

r3b00+

if you cant get him to change his mind, let him figure it out the hard way, as long as you dont need that machine then just let im screw up and come crawling back when he realizes his mistake, but if thats the only machine you get to use then you should get some protection for yourself and maybe sneak some on for him too
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

It's a gas!
    Well its his own box, so its really no odds to me.
    But the fact that hes a senior s/w designer for a major corporation makes it even harder to understand!

r3b00+