Shdi

Thread: Shdi

Shdi

System hard drive identifier. I was going to use a chat program untill the fella who owns it stated he has a system hard drive identifier hidden in the chat program d/l.What is it and how does one work an can it be bypassed?And can such as that be used to enter a persons system and cause harm?

Banned
    I know of an IDE hard drive identifier which gets info on specs and setup info on the drives in your system, makes instalation a snap.

or it could be used to indicate the hard drive identifier (C, D, E, etc.) where you have created the shared file folder.

Bingo!! The programmer said he added It to the exe of the chat because he can control user's.And that when he bans some one they can never get back into the chat, unless they install a new H/D.So I was wondering just what it was and what it does.T/Y fakeboy for the info.But can it be bypassed?Or blocked?Because I dont do bad things in chats but do'nt like the idea of loseing my privacy to any one.But then I would be better off NOT trying his chat out then !

Banned
    I believe your firewall would pick this transmission up, and you could always block it at the firewall. However, I don not know if this would effect the program itself.