Thread: Using hping

Question Using hping

hey all!
    I was wondering if anyone knows of any good sources on how I can use hping to spoof/hijack etc. I just recently read the tutorial on spoofing and hacking and wanted to start playing around alittle more with this idea.

I checked out google, but found little - could be my searching skills suck. Well, any help would be great!

Thanks

Sure first off is there is a date on the tut how old is it? Second read your ISP service agreement because many of them watch now for IP addys outside their range on the inside going out. Then learn about all the firewalls out here and how they detect spoofed IP's but may gather your MAC address or cable modem name. have a good understanding of TCP/IP, service agreements, firewalls how such things are delt with. The tut is over a year old then it is usless info. Remember any system you spoof into is against the law learning all of this now days takes time research and effort. No magic answer just learn first what you are attemptimg to get around do it wrong and your toast. No one here will say much more then I have in short you don't understand what your doing then give it up before you start cause you will be caught. Need more then a single tut and I'd deletd this thread this site is not about breaking into systems but defending against them.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

Palemoon,
    Thanks for that great information, however, I think I may I have misrepresented myself. So I don't get a bad warp on here right away, let me explain. I've always had an interest in computer security, but being busy, I have not had the time to explore it. I am currently a Jr. at a 4 year University and studying IS. Hopefully to eventually get masters in CS.

Anyways, in addition to the servers I have at my house, I also have a couple of servers at my co-workers house. He is fully aware of what I am trying do and has given me the ok to do whatever I may need to his systems, (just as long as I dont harm anything).

I currently have basic knowledge of C++/Linux/Java but am also starting to learn TCP/IP, using the book TCP/IP Illustarted. So, in conclusion, the only reason I asked this question was to learn. Thats my reason for being on here. I'm certinaly not out to hack any computer systems illegally! I acutally have asperations to work in the security filed once I graduate (I've gotta get out of the web development stuff!!).

Hope this more clearly represents me

Thanks