Thread: what are screen captures ????

Question what are screen captures ????

hello friends,

i was having a question i have heard about some software programs which are called "screen captures" i don't know the name is right or not but they capture the screen of the other remote computer and they show it on our computer.. but is it true or where can we find this programs or any info on these type of programs .. i was wondering..

pls help..

Intruder
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

are you talking about a hacker program that makes screen shots of a victom because if so i know what your talking about
    Join the White Hat universe!

i don't know may be but i came to know about some programs like that and so i was asking as i don't know that it.. if u have any links which has some information about this types of things then do let me know...

thank u very much..

intruder

Banned
    i believe they are programs which basically do a "screen shot" of whatever is on your screen at the time you do it.

Yeah I know what u r talking about. It is used for hacking or remote administrating. You will need a server program or a trojan horse installed or saved on the remote computer and a client program that shows the captured screen shot of the remote computer. You can download these programs from the net. Easily! Most of the time these are useless because most of the anti viruses detect the trojan horses.
    You will have to disable the Anti viruses for remote administrating.
    With great power comes great responsibility.

thanks a lot for the information .. thank u

You could do it legitimately and use something like VNC which is freely distributed. Get it here : http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/

This software is availble for Win OS's and *nix systems. This application is used primarily for remote administration purposes though it has been harnessed for "evil" at times.

Hope this helps some.
    Regards.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

thank u very much.. chefer .. i am very grateful to u friend..