Free Hosting matters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Hosting matters

Post Free Hosting matters

Can anybody tell me of any free hosting that will include server-scripts support(CGI, PHP, SSI) and full support of DB, such as SQL? Now I know I can spend some or more time to find one, but many promise a lot, but end out of giving nothing, or less, that they have promissed, so I take a risk of asking you. Maybe someone can advise me on this subject...Thank you!

i don't know whether any site gives u all this for free but if u want more space then u can try netfirms.com its really good.
    A laptop, internet connection and beer.

hostultra gives you unlimited space and i no they give you some support but i dont no about full, they have a pop up but it opens up in the background so its not too bad.

i guess if you want all the support you mentioned you can pay 5$/mnth to get it however im not sure how good their uptime is, i just started being hosted there so if it works well ill just switch my domain over to it.
    I did not come here to tell you how it is going to end, I came here to tell you how it was going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, then I\'m going to tell these people what you don\'t want them to hear.

Yeah, I don't know of any sites that offer so many features for free, but I would just pay a few bucks a month for it, it'd be worth it if you're going to use it, even if it's just learning.
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

You can try brinkster.com they give you database support. I have tried out php, cgi or ssi but you can use ASP.
    With great power comes great responsibility.

www.host.sk offers all you want!!

Senior since the 3 dot era
    xug gives free hosting with php included. You can also request (free!) for one unlimited sql db. They have only a few accounts left...

http://www.xug.net

PHP Access
    One MySql DataBase
    No File Size Limits!
    REAL Ftp Access
    Setup in less than 24 hours!
    Real Subdomain...you.xug.net
    5 gb of bandwidth
    SSI is supported

although there are 2 problems with their service:
    - their account activation is very very very slow. (a couple of months!!!)
    - you need to visit and post on their forum each week with your account id or your account will be deleted. damm that's their way to liven up their forums...

Redgore... hmm is that Swedish? www.host.sk
    have they the same pages in English?

Its Slovakian !!! Its not hard to find the link for registering (look for something like the english word!!) Their support pages etc also have english translation on them.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Thank you Red
    My slovakian is improving second by second

Registrácia úspešne ukon?ená

Just have a look myself and this might interest you;

http://www.free-web-site-page.com

lists some of the free webservers and what they offer.