Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: devastating virus

Post devastating virus

yo ppl, i just wanna take a survey of what you think the most popular and "deadly" virii are or were? just curious

str34m3r
    Windows ME

no, no str34m3r, script kiddies are the most dangerous...well, most annoying, @least

must be cih

got in the guiness book of records for most destructive, and i piggybacked on Klez (which disables the AV scanner)

heres the babble from symatec
    ------------------------------------
    Due to the decreased submissions, SARC has down graded this threat level to 3 from 4.

The CIH virus, also known as Chernobyl, was first discovered in June 1998 in Taiwan. According to the Taipei authorities, the CIH virus was written by Chen Ing-hau, and the name of the virus derived from his initials.

CIH is a very destructive virus with a payload that destroys data. On April 26, 1999, the payload triggered for the first time, and caused many computer users to lose their data. In Korea, it was estimated as many as one million computers were affected, resulting in more then $250 million in damages.

In April 2000, although the virus is rather old, Symantec still believes the virus is in the wild and may cause damage to computer users who are using outdated virus definitions or who are not using antivirus software.

Also Known As: Chernobyl, PE_CIH, Win95.CIH, Win32.CIH, W95/CIH.1003, CIH.Spacefiller
    Type: Virus
    Infection Length: Up to 1KB

Wild:

Number of infections: More than 1000
    Number of sites: More than 10
    Geographical distribution: Medium
    Threat containment: Easy
    Removal: Moderate
    Threat Metrics

Wild:Medium
    Damage:High
    Distribution:Medium

Damage:

Payload Trigger: W95.CIH V1.2 and V1.3 (April 26), W95.CIH V1.4 (26th of any month)
    Payload: Destroys data and possible damage to CMOS
    --------
    Preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

\"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Gotta be :
    1. AOL
    2. Win ME
    3. MSN

=P
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

For me, the most deadly virus is when the creator of the virus doesn't even know how to create the antidote for the virus he made.
    Listen closely to your enemies. They tell you your faults.

The Iceman Cometh
    Politroyx > check out this thread :-)

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=230665

AJ

Uhh...lets c:
    Theres the person who creates a virus in 2 minutes and sends.
    Then theres one who spends a hella long time writing a script as long as a webpage and harder to "kill".

Hey, its almost July 4 and I wonder if theres a new virus for that holiday?

The Iceman Cometh
    lol There's a new virus for everyday, whether it's a holiday or not. It's kinda sad. I always check out the recent viruses on Symantec, and I'm just amazed at how many new ones are discovered on a daily basis

AJ