Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triploid organisms

Triploid organisms

basics of triploid reproduction:

First off: three sexes; male, female, and unix. The male and unix mate with the female through different orifices and ways. The female can mate with both at once or seperately, having the ability to store the sperm and its unix equivalent until carrying a complete set, and then self-inseminating. The female would first inseminate with one sex's haploids (which had one way of getting into the egg), and then the other sex's (which has another way of getting in). All three combine in egg to create a complete triploid organism.

Dominance of a trait is determined through normal means. In order to account for duplicates, one is methylized by a special checking RNA.

NOTE: this was posted here to clarify (take it off of) an IRC argument
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

I have enough trouble getting dates without haveing to compete against unix
    Alternate realities celebrate reality. If you cant handle the reality your in, then you wont be able to handle the one your attempting to escape to.

GreekGoddess
    Triploid reproduction already exists in a different form in different species, such as flowers/plants/aquatic animals/salamanders...but most of what is found about these animals is that they are hermaphroditic and accomplish reproduction by asexual means.

The original argument in IRC was triploid reproduction in HUMANS.

I'm still waiting to find out exactly what a unix is in comparison to male and female?
    Or how the chromosomes would merge without making a species overrun by dominant traits.

Don't get me wrong, I'm able to think of this happening in terms of other species, but when you say humans...I'm going to disagree with you.
    I can't stress enough the mutation that would occur for the negative in a triploidal human.

http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache...hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Originally posted here by zepherin
    I have enough trouble getting dates without haveing to compete against unix
    I know what you mean

I still don't get it.

Bingo!

GreekGoddess
    What don't you understand Mallam? I'd be happy to explain it to you...any specific questions?

umm...Humans? I've stated before in IRC, I believe, that this is an entirely different species we're talking about. I started this whole thing, I should know. Maybe that will clarify things up for you a bit GreekGoddess.

GreekGoddess
    And what species would that be?

Not this **** again. j/k. Whatever floats your boat.

I thought that we concluded on irc that evolution would lead to only two sexes because that’s much more effective than three and you still get the genetic variation that lacks in asexual organism. So unless there’s some great advantage to three sexes an organism would not evolve into three and if it did if would evolve back into two.

The only discernible reason I can think of is more genetic variation but the same effect could be reached by having more offspring with two sexes.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

cwk9: not everything in evolution is necessary. Besides, this is mostly just a theoretical discussion of the workings anyway

GreekGoddess: For the purposes of this discussion they are the GNU Hurd from the planet Mac in the Solaris solar system