Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kazaa Users Warning!

Kazaa Users Warning!

In case you have not read my replies on my thread. I got infected with a trojan just using KaZaA. The trojan was encountered by my McAfee VirusScan when an ad popped up on KaZaA. The trojan's name is JS/NoClose and is known for being found in ads and banners. The trojan does not have a destructive payload at all (it doesn't harm anything on your computer) but just to stay secure, I don't want it on my system and I'm sure everybody else wouldn't want it. This trojan was found on a dating ad that popped up while I was using KaZaA. This has happened to me once before too. The infected file name is KZPOP(1).HTM . Just to let everyone know and for everyone to stay updated with their antivirus programs.

THE AD IS FROM www.cupidsdatabase.com . IT JUST POPPED UP AGAIN!!!!! I will be complaining to the makers of this ad and the owners of KaZaA. The ad says GOT DATES? on it.

hey dude thanxs for the info...thats why i started to use kazaalite it is bannerless ...
    light a candle for the sinners ,set the world on fire

damn, that advert comes up all the time, updates here we come...
    Thanks - Prankster
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

I doubt it is a trojan. It seems to me like a "malicious script" made in JS. I am not too worried.

Yeap kaazalite is far better, no adverts, and kaaza wonder why people get annoyed with all the adverts

Banned
    I agree with alittlebitnumb. It does sound more like a malicious script, rather than a trojan.

yes i have also previously had this trojan, fortunatley my virus scanner picked up on this.
    I didnt get this trojan from kazaa though beacuse i dont use kazaa so it must be getting used on other websites and stuff.

I used to use Kazaa Lite until I read the EULA. Turns out that using the program is ILLEGAL. It says so right in it. I guess thats because it has a modified version of the cd_clint.dll file (which is adware from CyDoor, http://www.cydoor.com). Whatever the case, you still need to watch for viruses. The W32.Benjamin.Worm is spreading on Kazaa, (you can read about it here:http://securityresponse.symantec.com...amin.worm.html)
    Another one that I find often is the Hacktool.Flooder virus. All I really have to say is KEEP THEM VIRUS SCANNERS UPDATED!!!
    Alcohol & calculus don't mix. Never drink & derive.

anybody know exactly what it does?
    and do you think Norton FW/AV will pick it up and disable it?

Thanks guys :-)
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

I used to use Kazaa Lite until I read the EULA. Turns out that using the program is ILLEGAL.
    Funny you should mention that. KaZaA is saying "don't violate our copyrights" when they facilitate piracy (and we all know it's there, and I am sure they know too), it's simply a game of cat and mouse like it always has been and always will be.

The bottom line is, p2p is like drugs: People are gonna possibly get infected sharing, just make sure you watch yourself out there and take the necessary precautions, or not do it at all; I choose the latter.