msn chat

Thread: msn chat

Angry msn chat

A newbie? I am. But this got me mad. I went to chat on msn on orangetango virtual browser. I went into computing and search. I entered the room bots and ops. Within an hour i got this reply on my true brouser. The (X)'s appear to protect my pricacy.Thank you for your application to become a host. I have added you to
    Messenger so that we may talk. You will need 5 hours of trainning as a host,
    before you're added to auto-host/our site (as a brown host) you have been
    added as a trainee.

Thank you,

>From: "XXXX" <>
    >To: <>
    >Subject: I Want to be a Host
    >Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 19:15:06 -0400
    >MIME-Version: 1.0
    >Received: from [] by (3.2) with ESMTP id
    >MHotMailBEF367FA008B4004322341C4176304230; Mon, 08 Jul 2002 16:15:07 -0700
    >Received: from XXXX [XX.64.64.XX] by with ESMTP
    >(SMTPD32-7.06) id AAE59770268; Mon, 08 Jul 2002 19:06:13 -0400
    >From Mon, 08 Jul 2002 16:16:11 -0700
    >Message-ID: <000801c226d5$4ca35fa0$0d40403f@XXXX>
    >X-Priority: 3
    >X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
    >X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2600.0000
    >X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2600.0000
    >pa chats
    >pa chat
    >pa chatter

Blue Pony Staff
    Then i see he added me to my messenger list. I went into the room, he gave me a brown hammer. When asked when my training begins? I was told no more whispers. Well my connecton lights on my modem went crazy, so i left. Sent him an e-mail that i made a misstake. My question? What risks have i brought to myself? Just for the ability to have a gold hammer in chat?
    Just when i got used to yesterday, along came today.

WTF is all this hammer stuff??

What's so good about some msn virtual browser chat?

You seem to be concerned about some online status you could/now cannot recieve. Frankly get over it, because if you can't gain it because of a simple mistake in communications, it ain't worth anything.

the virtual browser was to hide my ip. And i was traced through my hotmail direct to my server, my point is this, 1. how'd he do that. 2. what risks, can he stroll through my firewall now> can he go online as me? 3. It got nothin to do with status, just don't want any other people to make the same misstake.
    Just when i got used to yesterday, along came today.

1) I don't have enough info or I can't seem to put myself in your situation to give an acurate answer.

2) I am pretty sure taht when your modem lights went crazy it was some type of flood attack on your computer/IP. Commonly known as a DoS attack (Denial of Service).

3) He can't go online as you unless he knows your password.

How he got your IP well... Maybe it was embedded in the Email, or some sort of tracert. But I don't think that that virtual browser did any help for you.