Trillian error - somebody is gutted tonight.

Thread: Trillian error - somebody is gutted tonight.

Trillian error - somebody is gutted tonight.

Hey all :-)

One of my friends logged into msn messenger tonight using trillian, and guess what instead of showing their nickname, it showed her password! Some people didn't realise this, as her password was on a similar theme to her usual nickname. If you get what I mean, lol. Trillian = Dodgy

-Prankster
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

interesting...where did her password appear? i just installed trillian last week to check it out.
    just making some minor adjustments to your system....

just where the nick name goes, in your list of contacts, it displayed her password instead of her username.

Prankster
    \"Why is the bomb always gettin\' the last word?\" - Will Smith - Lost & Found (2005)

Ok, as far as I know, when you start to setup a hotmail account on trillian, it asks you which name you would like to appear when you're online, may be your friend as a mistake typed his/her password in that field.

I don't think so, she used msn messenger for a long time before this happened, don't think it could have been that. keep thinking :-)

well, it does not appear to be showing my password only the display name i chose. i don't use msn messenger. in trillain, when setting up the msn account, you are asked for your sign-in name, password, then display name. she wouldn't have been able to log into msn if she had entered her password in the display name line??? do you think...and i agree that it would not make sense for her to do so....your friend would have entered her password twice by mistake??? or it could be the version she is using, maybe there is a bug?
    just making some minor adjustments to your system....

bug, I think, cause it never used to happen before when using the proper Msn Messenger, used to work fine then. Anyway, I'm going to bed now, goodnight

Prankster

Old Fart
    Have her click the 'set display name' button (click the MSN icon in Trillian) and change what Trillian is displaying. It could be a bug, it could be human error, it SHOULD be easily repaired.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    I'm thinking his/her/it's friend had an ID-10-T moment...it happens.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.