Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick Tip Profiles

Banned

Quick Tip Profiles

Hi everyone...

I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but sometimes when i click on the link which leads to a member's profile who wrote a particular Quick Tip, it will take me to spectre's profile instead of the actual member who originally wrote the Quick Tip.

For example, a Quick Tip that xmaddness had written, was currently being displayed. I clicked on the link below the Quick Tip which was supposed to have lead to xmaddness' profile, but instead lead to spectre's profile.

I noticed that this happens to other Quick Tip author's profiles too...just not xmaddness' Quick Tip.

I hope i didn't confuse everyone.

This happens to me also. More often than not I get spectre's profile.
    Dream as if you are going to live forever, live as if you were going to die today.

Hmmmm, maybe I'm doing something different, but this hasn't ever happened to me...

The Iceman Cometh
    After testing it a few times (close to 20... lost count after 15), I came up with spectre's about 20% or 30% of the time. Interestingly, he/she has never posted, but has somehow managed to accumulate -110 (I have no idea how it's negative...) Quick Tips. It looks as if perhaps tips posted before or after a certain date? may be linked to spectre's profile (UserID 32767). Either that, or something's corrupt within the database. But, anyway, I concur that the bug exists, although it is pretty sparatic.

AJ

I'm getting the same problem too.
    Listen closely to your enemies. They tell you your faults.

good eye gurl...

one of my quick tips pointed to action=getinfo&userid=32767 (spectre) and my uid is 53830...

about 1 in 5 refreshes
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    http://www.antionline.com/quicktips.php This gives a list of all quicktips..
    The following people have userid 32767 according to that page:
    ASPII
    avenger_jcc
    blunt23
    cwk9
    KorpDeath
    preacherman481
    SoggyBottom
    Specter6
    subLeveLone
    VictorKaum
    xmaddness
    zigar
    Every tip by each of these people resolves to userid=32767 There are only 27 different people that have posted quicktips, and 12 of them go to that address. Not sure what they have in common, but oh well. I don't think it is bassed on date, because I posted 1 tip and it was one of the first 10 tips or so posted... There were none posted by specter, so I don't know how he got that -110 in his profile either.....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

str34m3r
    Has anyone else made the realization that 32767 is the largest number you can get with a 16 bit signed integer? It's probably simply a matter of using a short int instead of a long int, and any user ID over 32767 overflows and just gives you specter's profile instead.

I was just about to post that reading the thread but you already said it str34m3r

Ammo
    Credit travels up, blame travels down -- The Boss

<rallies the crowd> <chanting> Squash-that-bug! Squash-that-bug! Squash-that-bug!
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency