Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ant-iAmerican-ism

In defense of LDX, he is a highly motivated guy who's not a just bunch of talk. He's started a web site dedicated to stopping social injustice and i know that he takes action IRT as well.

admirable traits.

although i can't say i always agree with his views, i can say i have a genuine respect for him.

i was a rebellious youth, for rebellions sake. when i said i grew out of it, i was speaking for myself in regard to pointless rebellion. i have not stopped speaking out or taking action when i feel its necessary. i was not telling him to grow up.

LDX your thoughts and feelings are 100% american and deserve to be spoken to those who will hear.

i will say this though, you'll get farther by being for the ideals set forth by our forefathers in the constitution, rather than by being against the present way of doing things, for justice for all, rather than against injustice. if your trying to uphold these ideals rather than trying to oust the scum, more people will listen and no one can/will say your un-american.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Being an outsider, I don't think patriotism is a bad think. Each and every race and country men follows it in one way or other...
    But trying to be a world police man,will not help US.. It will certainly make a bad image of them in the outside world. Being very powerful in military as well as economic fields, other people will pretend to support US actions, but it is not because they support Ur activities, but they are forced to do so ...
    i request to forgive me if i hurt anyone's feelings

This hasn't happened to me (YET), but this sounds like middle school bullying.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ant-iAmerican-ism

Originally posted here by Zadok0552

Are you trying to dictate to me? You obviously have no idea of freedom, including my right to express myself in the way that I please. You obviously have NO IDEA of "freedom of speech." Did I hit a nerve? Are you a disrespectful child, like dark, who insults his/her mother and friends? Ansd then PRETENDS to understand what freedom of speech is about! HAH!
    I just find it rather amusing that you call me and LDX disrespectful kids when you run out of arguments. You can belive what you want about me I really don't care.
    I think your post pretty much shows everyone who is what.

Originally posted here by roccobarbi
    Let me answer also to Guus and sOnIc, all in a single message. As a matter of fact patriotism is a disease of almost any group of people (let me use this term instead of "nation", which is a word I hate as a nonsense) in this (let me say) ****in' (I promise, it's my last bad word in this message) capitalistic world, be they americans, europeans, russians and even afghans. And let me say that I'm saying all this WITHOUT willing to insult any of you, I'm just against patriotism and I'm against patriots only in what concerns their ideas about (their?) nations.
    If we speak about WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Etiopia (I don't know the english name), Falklands, Gulf war, Yugoslavia war, and even 9/11 and Afghanistan: who made money (or anything else) out of it? Surely not the people who fought and/or died, be they soldiers, terrorists and victims. What I mean with this confused (I admit it, but I have no time to write a better one now) speech? It's not another nation or group of proletarians, our enemy. It's capitalism, in every form and any nation.
    How does it relates to patriotism? Well, I think no one should be patriot because patriotism (and nations themselves) is just a capitalistic stuff.
    To use the words of Trotzskji: "I'm the most faithful citzien of my nation, and my nation is the whole world".
    By now, that's all folks!
    Roccobarbi.

PS: Let's try how much you trust your own ideas. If it's true that you accept and respect other people's ideas, you'll just answer without kicking me out of year.
    You do have some valid point although I oppose your criticism of capitalism. The problem I see with patriotism is that it creates a "us vs. them"-dilemma.
    Also, if a nation becomes very patriotic, like America after 9/11. The people of said nation might accept certain actions taken by the government or certain groups that they would oppose under normal circumstances. (Warfare, invasion of privacy and so on) so in that sence patriotism serve against democracy and open debate which should be the pillars of any civilized state.

It's a very complex issue.

Cheers,
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Mankan:

You hide under a guise of free speech and reasoned discussion, however you show your true colors when you demanded:

"You either tell lord_darkside_x to shut up and stand for the fact that you oppose your american freedom or you stand by his side for his right to express whatever is on his mind, wether you like it or not. That's what your freedom of speech is all about."

LDX ASKED FOR what I believe were honest responses regarding what appeared to me to be his problem getting along with his mother and co-workers. He also DID NOT want the examples to turn into a discussion themselves. Now, using deductive logic we can conclude that the discussion was requested to be regarding how he could better get along with his mother and co-workers since he seemed so upset about confrontations that he had with them.

Or more likely, he went to this forum to whine and have people tell him that he was right and that his mother, co-workers and Americans in general have this terrible problem that causes them to intimidate and ostracize those who don't agree with them. LDX takes no responsibility, it seems, for this conflict with either his mother or his co-workers.

Notice that I have not been discussing whether or not I agree with LDX's opinions.
    And, LDX, I have read all of your postings.

Remember, LDX requested opinions regarding his problem. When you - MANKAN - or anyone else then tries to control the discussion by telling me what I can or can not say (...as long as I don't swear) , then you are engaged in nothing other than HYPOCRISY!

Also, if you want to pile on anitpoints, then that's fine with me. I don't need to belong to a forum, where injustice reigns. My ancestors left Scandanavia several generations ago, and I can definately better appreciate their decision after reading your postings. HYPOCRISY!

hay this country was founded on a few things war and indiference that is what keeps the whole system running smooth..so that no one person or peticular set of ideals runs the country....so the next time some on says that you are being unamerican by disagreeing tell them that they can go to a dictatorship and see how thay like it...

Or more likely, he went to this forum to whine and have people tell him that he was right and that his mother, co-workers and Americans in general have this terrible problem that causes them to intimidate and ostracize those who don't agree with them. LDX takes no responsibility, it seems, for this conflict with either his mother or his co-workers.
    first... i am not whining, just pointing out a trend i have noticed. second i do not consider them "conflicts" but differences of opinion. i do take responsibilty for the things i said, but my only point was that i found it strange that people thought it was wrong to have an opinion. i was also pointing out that i thought it was bizarre that having a converse opinion means that you are an america hater and should leave the country.

This hasn't happened to me (YET), but this sounds like middle school bullying.
    no not a case of middle school bullying. more a case of adults with there strong convictions.

now... for those of you who felt i was "whing about negatives" i was not whining, just pointing out the annoyance that people would only give negatives and not either give a reason with their points nor would take the time to respond with an opinion in the forum.

i did want to also say thanks to tedob for what he said, i am honored to know that he respects me and hope that he knows the feeling is mutual.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

I'm by no means a patriot, but nor am I anti-american although I find the government's "democracy" nothing more than a hippocricy. I basically view it as communism in disguise but we gotta admit that as a whole the country isn't a bad place to live I'm just against the anal retentive rich fat white idiots who think they're smart just because their parents had enough money to send 'em through private school and the finest colleges. I mean...look at how much money they waste and what's even worse...anybody ever looked at the report on the money that they LOSE?? And I mean literally like "where did it go" lose! It's like in the billion dollar range. The government is careless and hipocritical but when I compare it to other countries...we aint really all that bad so...