Thread: IRC help please :)

IRC help please :)

Is there anyway I can change just like one persons text in IRC so that I can have easier reading? I want to have like one person blue one black one dark purple one red and so fourth so I can read between the lines easier. I know I can change everyones and everything but is there a way to do like AIM and change one persons?

Thanks
    ~the very annoyed RPG'er

What IRC Client are you running? Read _what's your script, Jack?_

I don't know of the Default mIRC client being able to do that, but perhaps another client (such as pIRCh or BitchX) may be able to, or a special scripted version of mIRC. Personally, I've not worked with mIRC enough to figure it out... my thing has always been X-Chat for Linux.
    \"It is a smart man who can quote others, but it is a wise man who can come up with his own, and it is a wise@** that came up with this one. \" -yours truly

If you where using mIRC, then I know it's possible, but it would mean that you'd end up with a tuti-fruti look...

Good luck

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

er0k
    i know you can with KVSIRC, its in preferences, i think.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    in mIRC, which I assume you are using, it is possible, but it will take some work. You have to write a script to do it. There may be one out there, but I haven't seen it. Try searching for one, or just write your own.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

My favorite is by default in BitchX, if someone includes your name it turns bright yellow. So if someone says "Louie: I think your an ass and should be banned forever" It's easy to see.....but then again you also see the following "Quad: Your almost as mean as Louie"

But I still think it was cool
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

For anyone that still wants to know, you can make any persons posts automatically be highlighted in mIRC by going to Tools > Options . Click the + sign next to IRC , then click Highlight . Click add In Highlight lines which contain these words: box type the nickname of the person you want to highlight. select the highlight color. Under Match on: select nickname only click OK . Make sure enable highlighting is selected and click OK. Good luck!