Security Flaw in RealOne...

Thread: Security Flaw in RealOne...

Security Flaw in RealOne...

RealNetworks has announced on their site that a security flaw (buffer overrun) has been found in the following products:

RealOne Player Gold
    RealJukebox2
    RealJukebox 2 Plus

To read more on this security flaw and for information on a work around go to: http://service.real.com/help/faq/sec...n07092002.html

Sorry if this has been posted already or anything, but I just now came across it.

The Iceman Cometh
    No offense (I think this is a useful post), but I gotta make a quick comment regarding RealNetworks. RealOne is a huge resource hog... at least RealPlayer was pretty small and easy to use. They incorporated way too many things into the new version. I never really like RealJukebox in the first place, but now it's included in RealOne, so there's no way to get around it. Sorry for the rant...

AJ

Yeh I agree with you, I don't even use Real stuff except RealPlayer a really old version. I just figured you all should know about this cuz it could be harmful.

Banned
    Thanks for the warning, Jehnx. This is yet another reason for me to continue using the older version of RealPlayer.

I also heard that RealJukebox contains spyware, i'm not sure about RealOne Player though.