Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: php function reference needed

php function reference needed

Well, I hear there are over 700 functions, and I only know like, 9. Hehe, I'm tried of lame experimentation where I use php to calculate my paycheck, and I want to make my own functions, but I need others to help define the ones I create. And I was looking at the php manual but that thing is massive, does anybody have a quick reference?? Or a link to one? Please post it, or post a link to it please!

BTW I know about the php.net function reference but it makes you click on each function sperately, I need one big pdf or doc or html file or something.

The more I deal with people, the more I LOVE my computer.

I don't think you heard. Did I or did I not say that I had already been through the php.net reference manual? I also said I had downloaded the full manual. Next time read the whole message before you post!

I think the best way is to download and follow as many as examples from www.hotscripts.com under php. Hope this really helps.

qiupangsha, that's a neat resource! Just what need to learn where I left off in C++ class...

/runs to learn pointers and arrays

Re: php function reference needed

Originally posted here by khakisrule
    Well, I hear there are over 700 functions, and I only know like, 9. Hehe, I'm tried of lame experimentation where I use php to calculate my paycheck, and I want to make my own functions, but I need others to help define the ones I create. And I was looking at the php manual but that thing is massive, does anybody have a quick reference?? Or a link to one? Please post it, or post a link to it please!

BTW I know about the php.net function reference but it makes you click on each function sperately, I need one big pdf or doc or html file or something.

I don't think you heard. Did I or did I not say that I had already been through the php.net reference manual? I also said I had downloaded the full manual. Next time read the whole message before you post!
    Khakis... I think you may not have communicated your needs/desires very well. You say that you "have checked the php.net references" and found them inadequate, but yet you say you want one big reference. Well sir, if you check here on php.net you will see that they have that exact thing available, either in multiple HTML files (which you indicated you didn't want) or a single HTML and/or PDF.

So please clear this up for me/us - did you not read PHP.NET very well or is their "one big document" not good enough? If the second is the case, I might suggest you clarify what you were asking, then...

<edit>
    BTW, IMO the php.net reference is great for the "quick access" you described... so, you want "one big file" but you think it's too massive, but all those little files are just "too small" and difficult for you? Please help me understand, as I think I must be missing something here...
    </edit>
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Let me try this again then. I have read the php.net manual, most of it anyways, and also seen their quick reference page for functions. Though that page requires you to click a seperate link for each function, I was hoping somebody could point me to a document or page that had all the functions. Nothing else, just functions. A list of functions.

EDIT: And BTW I've seen to hotscripts before, I don't like it all that much though. It is hard on the eyes for me after I browse through it for a while. Plus when you click on a category, it only shows you like 10 scripts per page while there may be 50 scripts in total. Thanks though.

Let me try this again then. I have read the php.net manual, most of it anyways, and also seen their quick reference page for functions. Though that page requires you to click a seperate link for each function, I was hoping somebody could point me to a document or page that had all the functions. Nothing else, just functions. A list of functions.
    Better, thanks...

You might try O'Reilly's PHP Pocket Reference. I believe there is a small "pocket sized" book (like the famed sendmail reference condensed in to an unbelievably small size) or an digital version that you can subscribe to an access online.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

OK, thanks.

You might also look around on http://www.zend.com. I'm also a fan of http://www.webmonkey.com.

It might not be exactly what you're looking for, but I hope it helps anyway.